Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How I Feel About the New Site...

How I Feel About the New Site...

I know there was a lot of angst when it was rolled out, but I have to say:

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many features with the new version that make my use of the site easier. So, a month or so after the fact, I'd just like to say thanks to the developers and the moderators who helped us with the transition.

Banned
    me too
    I just wish each day's new threads were separate.
    It's a bother to have to scroll thru many pages to find new listings.

I agree - would also like to know if I already read the post - can't remember every title that Iread
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

Quote Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
    I agree - would also like to know if I already read the post - can't remember every title that Iread
    When I read a thread, it changes color on my screen.

Power Poster
    Sort of how I feel about my DH -

I care enough about it most of the time to try to continue to work with it - but some days it would be very easy to walk away and not look back.

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    me too
    After you log in, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you will see a black bar with white writing. I think the second option is archives, click it and click pictures or whatever and it shows you all the newest posts.
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

I love it but if I could have anything - it would be to sort the postings by origin date. So I could see today's new posts first.

The new site is really nice - and I find, now that I'm used to it, that it is feeling like home.
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

Quote Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
    I know there was a lot of angst when it was rolled out, but I have to say:

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many features with the new version that make my use of the site easier. So, a month or so after the fact, I'd just like to say thanks to the developers and the moderators who helped us with the transition.

I am glad to see the positive reply but after a month I strongly disagree and have even stopped bothering to sort through the remarks for so many I have read and didn't know it. Also I find less interesting threads even when I find a new one. maybe I am burned out and am sorry but I miss the friendly back and forth of easy conversation about quilting on an easy to use site I could go on and see in almost a glance what appeals to me. Maybe if I don't look for a month after the holidays I will try again and be pleasantly surprised? If anyone has a cheerful word or reply to me I'd appreciate it.

Power Poster
    I like the new site but I don't use some of the new features. I still don't know the correct way to repond to PM's so I'm just hoping I'll eventually figure it out. I had a hard time adjusting at first but I kept reminding myself that the same great quilters are still here so the format shouldn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryQuilter View Post
    After you log in, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you will see a black bar with white writing. I think the second option is archives, click it and click pictures or whatever and it shows you all the newest posts.
    That's what I do. Makes it so much easier for me.

Me too. Thank you all for all your hard work. LOve it!

I'm not sure if I like the new site. How do you bookmark
    things you want to keep?

I'm liking it too ;-)

I am still getting use to the new site. Has been a bit of a shock being locked out of things I was previously allowed to do.
    Alyssa
    http://polkadotsandbutterflies.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
    When I read a thread, it changes color on my screen.
    Just last week mine started changing color after reading a thread.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Well, I am truly happy for those who have figured it out. But I still have not figured it out and don't intend to waste any more time trying. I read the handful of posts on the opening page and that's all. But I have more time to actually quilt now!

Quote Originally Posted by babindg12200 View Post
    Me too. Thank you all for all your hard work. LOve it!
    Hi Babindg, I really like your avatar quilt. Gives me an idea for doing one for my own state.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Wish I could figure out how to post a picture. I wanted to post my newest quilt. I do miss the old format, but using 'archive' does make it close to the old way. Just posting photos has me stumped.

Blog Entries
    me too
    If you click on 'archives' on the bottom of the page, you will see all the new threads in order of posting, they also change color when you read them.

Quote Originally Posted by justme CA View Post
    I am glad to see the positive reply but after a month I strongly disagree and have even stopped bothering to sort through the remarks for so many I have read and didn't know it. Also I find less interesting threads even when I find a new one. maybe I am burned out and am sorry but I miss the friendly back and forth of easy conversation about quilting on an easy to use site I could go on and see in almost a glance what appeals to me. Maybe if I don't look for a month after the holidays I will try again and be pleasantly surprised? If anyone has a cheerful word or reply to me I'd appreciate it.
    I'm a relatively new member, so I don't know if I have a right to an opinion yet, but, I find that it's really hard for me to search. Hard to see new posts. Just more complicated. I can't find my posts, so I can't see if anyone has responded. I don't visit nearly as much as I did when I first became a member.
    Eternity is a very long time -- especially toward the end.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I used to look at the unread topics each day, but I haven't found a satisfactory substitute. There are too many topics to wade through now and I don't want to spend that much time at it. I'm looking only at the digest now, but even there the topics are repetitive from one day to the next. It's very disappointing. While there are some features I like very much, none make up for this one major pain in the rear.

Blog Entries
    ditto........................
    me too

I agree with you. I liked the emails that were sort of "here's what to read"! So many tics are the same from day to day, I only check once in a while. I must be really dense as I can see others like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    Sort of how I feel about my DH -

I care enough about it most of the time to try to continue to work with it - but some days it would be very easy to walk away and not look back.
    Agreed, and well said.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by TerryQuilter View Post
    THANKS Terry, Hugs for helping me get to my main reason for looking here. Like a lot of others, I'm still having trouble getting around this new set-up. Don't spend a much time as I did with the old site and really miss saying "hello" to all the newbies.
    Blessings and "Happy Holidays" to you and all the quilting family here.!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast