Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I have to many sewing machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-have-many-sewing-machines-t214575.html)

skothing 02-22-2013 05:52 PM

I have to many sewing machines

Well it is true. At last count I had 13. Well since then I have given 3 away and bought more. I once heard it is bad luck to count them. Well I am going to a retreat and wanted to take my FW but wanted a zig zag feature. But didn't wanted a heavy machine. So what was I to do. The auction had a fold out sewing singer tool caddy and a 301A in the original case and all the feet for $120.00. The weight was lighter than I expected. There was one like it on ebay for $200. So I guess it will be okay.

quiltjoey 02-22-2013 06:03 PM

Did have 12 machines but gave a lightweight Janome to my 7 yr. nephew because he wanted to learn to sew by making a camo vest! So now I have 11! But who's counting, eh? Other than that, I seem to have a hard time letting any of them go! Love them all and one doesn't have a motor (Singer Spartan) and one a green Singer and is pretty beaten up but sews beautifully...

labeelady 02-22-2013 06:09 PM

You certainly have started a collection! At the present time, I have 5 sewing machines, 3 of them Singers. The others are Janome and Kenmore. Then there's the embroidery machine (a Brother) I have stored in it's carrying case because the newest Singer also does embroidery. And I still claim the Brother CS-770 I left at mom's in exchange for my grandmothers Singer 413. I will get it back when she no longer needs it.

Happy Quilting!

Born2Sew 02-22-2013 07:29 PM

I sew understand your dilema. I have 3 sergers, 3 pfaff 130's, Bernina 830 record, Elna Air electronic, another Elna that came with a cabinet, brother 2500D, 15" Bailey, oh and my pfaff 130-115 treadle, but what do I eliminate?
I can't bear to part with any of them, except the Elna that I don't care for. It isn't a popular model so it wouldn't go for much.

mighty 02-22-2013 08:33 PM

I do understand I have 22 machines and thinking of buying another. It is like quilting I just can not seem to get enough!!!!

Moonglow 02-22-2013 08:46 PM

I don't feel so bad now as I only have 5 machines. I don't have room for any more.LOL

gotta-sew 02-22-2013 09:00 PM

As we are sharing the love of the collection.....I do have a problem. My space in my sewing room is limited. Not complaining mind you. I do love my space. But I don't love that I can only have two machines out at once. I have four machines that sit in there cases because of lack of room to set them up. This makes me feel bad. I want to use them all on a regular basis. I see others I would love to bring home, but nope...no room. Ok, so the day will come when every bedroom doesn't have a occupant in it. Then my friends the machines are comming out.....ahhhhh, kinda felt good thinking about it.

Pollytink 02-22-2013 09:18 PM

Do I understand you to say that you want a machine w zz feature to take to the retreat? If so, a Singer 301 is a straight stitch only machine. It's a great little machine, nice and light to take to classes, etc. but won't zz.

alleyoop1 02-23-2013 06:20 AM

Oh my! I have only 1 sewing machine and only 1 serger. Need to tell DH I am deprived!!!

KarenR 02-23-2013 06:26 AM

Oh my- I'm suppose to have 13 machines that work.

5 machines only 3 work.
Guess I better let DH know the rules for being a quilter.