Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I Rest My Case (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-rest-my-case-t202762.html)

MrsM 10-11-2012 07:39 AM

So much of it is genetics too. I had a friend and teacher who jogged, ate right, and drank very little who died from ovarian cancer at the young age of 63. I say everything in moderation and enjoy life! It is over way too quickly in this form.

maryellen2u 10-11-2012 07:13 PM

It's a good laugh anyway! Yes, I will have another cupcake, thank you!

Chasing Hawk 10-11-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by labtechkty (Post 5576423)
It kills me when people like this are compared..not everyone is born with striking good looks...

Wonderful answer!!

Society has conditioned us to go for the more attractive person and shun the less desirable ones.

MimiBug123 10-11-2012 07:28 PM

Please pass me the butter to put on my red meat. Heavens help #1--somebody sure needs to!

jojo47 01-05-2013 07:44 PM

Veggies, fruits, exercise, and vitamins are all well and good, but I still cook meat (yes, the red kind! :) ), some taters and whole wheat bread...and some chocolate now and then for a treat! :)

BellaBoo 01-06-2013 10:23 AM

One guild member has eaten nothing but fruits, grains, and vegetables for over 30 years. No animal products at all, no dairy or fish. She looks like death warmed over. All the new members think she is one of the elderly members. She is 51.

TanyaL 01-06-2013 04:54 PM

Regardless of what society thinks of the worth of big boobs, facelifts or not, makeovers or not - which lady would we most like to resemble when we look in the mirror? No. 2!!!!I always think the best that I can envision myself looking is at least 10 years younger! LOL. I have high self esteem but I would prefer that parts of my face and body did not tend to droop closer toward the floor every morning when I wake up. When I reach the famous 80th birthday I will probably be able to staple dixie cups to my belt and forget the bra and who knows what depths the eye lids will have reached.By then I can use body paint on my ear lobes and start a new dangle fashion and let's not even talk about where the hips are going. Old age has hit me at a bad time in my life.

Jan in VA 01-06-2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5766738)
One guild member has eaten nothing but fruits, grains, and vegetables for over 30 years. No animal products at all, no dairy or fish. She looks like death warmed over. All the new members think she is one of the elderly members. She is 51.

What part of the fact that protein is the building block of the body's cells does the world not understand? Very few of us can live truly healthily without good protein. No wonder she looks like death warmed over!

Jan in VA

Tropical 01-06-2013 08:03 PM

I love to watch Nigella on tv. She always appears happy. :):):)

BellaBoo 01-08-2013 06:59 AM

Healthy always looks better with a good looking smile, good hair do, some make up and pretty clothes.