Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t222665.html)

createfourpaws 06-27-2013 04:29 AM

Pat - you are in my prayers, am glad that he was comfortable and at peace when he went. Remember to take care of yourself in all this.

Pam H 06-27-2013 07:45 AM

So sorry about your dad, Pat. You have been through a lot. The next few days will be hard but you will also have some healing with being with family and talking about all the good times. We have found putting together the picture boards very therapeutic. I'll keep praying for you and your family.

Vanogay 06-27-2013 05:04 PM

Pat, my prayers go with you at this time. It does bring back memories of when my dad passed away. Not easy. Keep your chin up girl - we're here for you.

Pam H 06-27-2013 05:48 PM

I cut up a cantaloupe and watermelon today. They were both very, very good! That doesn't happen that often for me. Or maybe this is going to be a great year for melons. I got them at Aldi's.

CindyA 06-27-2013 05:55 PM

Pat, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

JuneBillie 06-27-2013 08:21 PM

Pat I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your precious dad. I pray for you and your family to be comforted in this time.

My white cat you see in my avatar (Charlie) died the other day. We took him to the vet, but he didn't make it back.

meanmom 06-28-2013 03:21 AM

Thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts. We are all doing pretty well. SO far my mom is doing well. Pretty much all of the plans for the funeral are finished. My son needed a suit. He only has blue jeans type of clothes. I purchased a suit for him yesterday without him with me. I walked in to the suit department and asked for help. I told her that he had tried on my on his brothers suit and what size it was and how much too big it was. I do know his pants size.The suit fits perfectly. The shirt is too small so I will exchange it on my way to moms today. I also had to get him shoes, socks a tie and a belt. I needed a shirt for my dad also. I couldn't decide on a tie so I bought 6 of them. I laid them out for mom and let her pick. Then I chose one for my son. My sister picked 2 for her boys and There was a really pretty blue green one I loved (on clearance for $3) I kept for my husband. So everyone now has proper clothes.
MY brother and SIL will arrive tonight and are staying with me. I am having my mom and them for dinner. My aunt is coming from out of town and I am going to see if they will be here by dinner also. My house is a pigpen so I had better get to work.
JuneBillie. So sorry about your Charlie. Kinda weird my dads name is Charlie too.
Pat

Vanogay 06-28-2013 04:00 AM

JuneBillie, sorry about Charlie. Lost my Fosdick (cat) after 17 years - understand the heart tugs only too well. (and my dad was a Charles - not Charlie, though)

createfourpaws 06-28-2013 04:23 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I am so sorry to hear of all the losses.

We need to remember to take care of our selves.

The month is almost over.....how time flies. I will be starting the new thread this weekend and will post the link once I do. Themes for the next 3 months July batiks, August colors of fall, September florals.

Figured I would give you heads up of the up coming themes.

Vanogay 06-28-2013 02:05 PM

Thanks Cindy. Will go fabric finding later this evening or tomorrow. Will be ready to mail by Monday, in any case.