Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   kitty catnipped (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kitty-catnipped-t159193.html)

just_the_scraps_m'am 10-09-2011 09:53 AM

how often do you give your kitty some catnip?

i try to remember every week...

redkimba 10-09-2011 09:56 AM

Mine know what the jar looks like. I like to give some once a week (when I remember).

CloverPatch 10-09-2011 09:56 AM

not very often...

She is such a calm sweet little thing (4lbs and 15yrs old!)
But when she gets catnip, she goes nuts. Its a whole new side of kitty, climbing walls, constant meowing, not to mention the mess. She spreads leaves all over the house.

I give it to her on special occasions like christmas, or when Im really bored.

just_the_scraps_m'am 10-09-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
not very often...

She is such a calm sweet little thing (4lbs and 15yrs old!)
But when she gets catnip, she goes nuts. Its a whole new side of kitty, climbing walls, constant meowing, not to mention the mess. She spreads leaves all over the house.

I give it to her on special occasions like christmas, or when Im really bored.

thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

MisDixie 10-09-2011 10:04 AM

Once winter sets in the nip comes out! Keeps him from driving us crazy. He spend a lot of time yowling at the door to go out and is toatly P***ed off when the doors opened and it cold hits not to mention the snow.

just_the_scraps_m'am 10-09-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
Once winter sets in the nip comes out! Keeps him from driving us crazy. He spend a lot of time yowling at the door to go out and is toatly P***ed off when the doors opened and it cold hits not to mention the snow.

OMG, LOL they ARE great entertainment, aren't they?
but even better on the nip...

COYOTEMAGIC 10-09-2011 10:07 AM

Mine get there big stash of cat nip toys every night after the dogs are up for the night. We then scoop them all up in the morning as the dogs run outside. Otherwise the dogs would chew them all up.

Up North 10-09-2011 10:09 AM

None of my cats ever paid any attention to catnip. Guess I just have weird cats!

scowlkat 10-09-2011 10:12 AM

We have a catnip spray that we spritz occasionally on some small stuffed toys. Once or twice a week.

One time I found a bottle of bubbles at Pet Smart that had catnip in it. One of our cats would jump five feet after those bubbles! It was hilarious. I have never found it again. STBDH (soon-to-be DH) tried making some but it never worked the same plus was afraid it would stain things. (The one from Pet Smart said it wouldn't stain and never did.)

JulieR 10-09-2011 10:29 AM

Every few days, just depends on what's going on. Nearly always at night when we put the dogs to bed.

It really is hilarious.