Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/march-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t215050.html)

createfourpaws 02-27-2013 07:20 PM

March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

On March 1st, weight yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On March 30, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not precentage lost. I will announce the winner on April 3rd.

Private message me for mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month.

You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters" and be declared "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as well as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keep us on track. Share any tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{HUGS}}

The prize is a themed FQ aka "skinny quarter" from each member. Once the winner is declared, I will contact the winner and mail the FQ's by the 6th.

As we begin March, many of us are ready to see some sunshine as winter ends. The color theme for this month will be Coral, shades of a sunrise/sunset. Please send quality fabric that you want to receive. As always if you don't have te theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ o the hostess by the 15th of the month. AS THE WINNER HAS WORKED HARD FOR HER PRIZE.

Eat healty, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight, but most of all have fun!!

Sign up deadline to be part of the Prize Adventure is March 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To sign up, you just need to post to the thread you are participating.

JuneBillie 02-27-2013 08:44 PM

Yes, I want to be in on the March weight loss adventure. I enjoy the contact while trying to get going in the right direction with my health.

blondeslave 02-28-2013 02:18 AM

I'm in again.

jcrow 02-28-2013 05:34 AM

I'm in for a try. Or should I say 'Try not. Do or do not. There is not try.'

Shadowirish 02-28-2013 07:02 AM

I'm in, you have my FQ Cindy.

createfourpaws 02-28-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish (Post 5894076)
I'm in, you have my FQ Cindy.

Yes I do, I will also be putting together the themes for the next 3 months for those who want to send in more than one month. I will post that in the next day or so.

Suggestions welcomed.

createfourpaws 02-28-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5893857)
I'm in for a try. Or should I say 'Try not. Do or do not. There is not try.'

Welcome to the group Jeanne......we have lots of fun. Share anything you want.

QuiltingKrazy 02-28-2013 08:32 AM

Yep, I'm in again for the month of March. I can do this! I can do this! I CAN DO THIS! If I say it enough maybe my brain will believe it!

ljs317 02-28-2013 09:41 AM

Well its me again for the this month! I missed my self imposed goal of nine pounds by 2 but 7 is still really good for me. Thats a total of 16 pound since January 1st so I really shouldn't complain. but its a long way to 100 pounds. Still plodding along it was that darn sleeve of thin mints that did me in.

Mousie 02-28-2013 02:41 PM

well, I got on the scale today and was really surprised! I'm down 3 pounds since the last time I stepped on it.
That makes a total (from beginning of year), of 12 pounds for me. I am so excited.
I only had two pairs of jeans that fit me and sometimes had to wear dress slacks.
Soon I'll be back into a lot of my clothes...and I will keep going!

PamH, congrats on that six day old baby, grandma! She's a cutie :)

I am finding myself so determined. Motivated by health issues that just were not acceptable!
We've got a whole new month ladies. I know we can do it :thumbup: