Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Professional pictures of feet? What ....REALLY? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/professional-pictures-feet-what-really-t181921.html)

QuiltingCrazie 03-07-2012 04:50 AM

Professional pictures of feet? What ....REALLY?

Ok first I hope I don't offend anyone who is a photographer. So I was on facebook and was on one of my group pages and this photographer was announcing a special...for only $200 you could have a lasting picture done by a professional of your feet???? Are you kidding? I have a hard enough time paying for pictures when they are of my face but why?? why?? would someone pay that much money for a picture of feet...oh and you could have up to 6 pairs of feet in the photo! Just thought I'd see if I'm the only one who can't grasp this and please if you get it and would pay that I would love to know why???
I get that flip flop pics are cute but trust me know one wants to walk into your house and see a 11x14 picture of your feet!!
Thanks!!

Side note: no I did not comment because good manners tell me not to insult someones business but I did feel the need to rush here and get opinions.

QuiltnNan 03-07-2012 04:56 AM

we are all different and all have different likes and dislikes. apparently enough people are interested in these pictures to keep this photog in business

ptquilts 03-07-2012 05:03 AM

believe me they do NOT want to see DH's feet - they are so ugly they are OOGLY.

QuiltingCrazie 03-07-2012 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5038342)
we are all different and all have different likes and dislikes. apparently enough people are interested in these pictures to keep this photog in business

Thanks! yeah she does regular pics too this was her monthly special...Your very right!

willferg 03-07-2012 07:24 AM

Maybe the photographer was just trying to generate attention/publicity without having to give too much away, knowing not many people would take her up on it...

amyjo 03-07-2012 07:32 AM

there actually are people who model feet. maybe she was looking for someone like that. I would rather spend my money on pics of the grandkids tho. Just my opinion.

eann 03-07-2012 08:23 AM

I got a Chriatmas card one year of the feet of a family of six!! I had a hard time with my reaction to this...still think it was totally weird.

Jan in VA 03-07-2012 08:27 AM

There are a surprising number of foot fanatics (fetishers) out there who might really get off on this idea, but it sure seems ratheer weird to me! Altho' I must admit, I once saw a photo of a DH/DW couple whom I enjoy that was hanging in the privacy of their bedroom, taken on the beach in the islands somewhere, taken from the back of them holding cocktails and looking into the sunset....except they were completely naked in all their middle-aged glory! It was actually rather sweet and cute. And private in their bedroom (where I had been sent to use the bathroom). I have often wondered who took it!

Jan in VA

nativetexan 03-07-2012 08:33 AM

ha! i used to know a guy who loved feet!! but he didn't photograph them.

raptureready 03-07-2012 09:44 AM

I think there's a photographer out there somewhere with a major foot fetish.