Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   story time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/story-time-t90056.html)

Hosta 01-12-2011 11:06 PM

I will start add a line or two and we will write a novel and be famous!

Adelaide decided it was time for a new beginning, she was fed up with being the dependable one the lonely old maid sister, she went to a travel agent and booked passage on a tramp steamer heading to Portugal. She packed her bags and left when none of her family could stop her, in the cab on the way to the dock she meets----- add your line here

Quiltforme 01-12-2011 11:14 PM

Nigel, a tall and handsome man with that look in his eyes that makes you want to throw caution to the wind. It was clear that Nigel was headed on the same steamer. No words were spoken but each new this would be a trip of a lifetime.

nana katie 01-12-2011 11:19 PM

She also meets her friend Sarina.Sarina was on her way to the dock also. Adelaide ask Sarina why and where she was going once they reached the dock and Sarina told her that she was sick and tired of washing, cooking, and keeping house for her father and 3 brothers. ----add your line here

burnsk 01-12-2011 11:22 PM

"I am glad you decided to share this cab with me" said Nigel, as he glanced at her with eyes so blue like the ocean that they made her feel like she wanted to jump in. "I believe the fates have ordained that we meet." next line . . .

Hosta 01-13-2011 03:07 AM

Nigel and Adelaide left the taxi together approaching the ship they were stopped by a man who reminded Adelaide of Peter Lorre even his voice was the same. In his hand was a letter he asked them to deliver the letter to the man standing at the top of the gangplank

purplemem 01-13-2011 05:03 AM

But the man at the top of the gangplank looked menacing, even dangerous. Adelaide took the letter and passed it to her friend, Sarina. Sarina looked down at the letter in her hand, and written on the envelope were the words...

renee765 01-13-2011 06:44 AM

IRS Final Notice. Sarina, seeing that the man at the top of the gangplank was so menacing, decided to put the envelope in her pocket, and find a way to get it to him 'anonymously'. Nigel and Adelaide started to board the ship, when Nigel turned to Adelaide and said "...............

Hosta 01-13-2011 07:01 AM

"oh baby you make the thread on my spool unravel" and Adelaide realized she had met----

mltquilt 01-13-2011 07:03 AM

the fates have been kind to me with your appearance. I will speak with the captain and make sure we can have our meals together while we are on this wonderful adventure.".....

raptureready 01-13-2011 09:02 AM

Adelaide was hesitant. What if he chewed with his mouth open, picked his teeth at the table or talked with is mouth full of food. Would she want to eat all her meals with someone like that? Finally she agreed.