Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tell us what you're reading... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tell-us-what-youre-reading-t220723.html)

drgranny 05-04-2013 06:59 PM

Calico Joe was a good book. I just finished Keeping Faith by Jodi Piquolt(sp) It was a really good book but The ending left me with lots to think about. (Faith was a little girl)

Nammie to 7 05-04-2013 07:48 PM

Jodi Piocoult writes some good books - have read most of hers. I get a lot of free books for my kindle - it's amazing what you can get for free! Some are very good.

dakotamaid 05-05-2013 03:13 AM

My current favorite author is David Baldacci (sp). I just finished his newst The Hit.

For lighter fair I like historical romances. I also have started reading the Outlander series. I tend to read series so am eagerly waiting my turn for the sequel to Outlander. I'm on the ebook waiting list as my daughter told me not to read them out of squence!!!

QuiltnNan 05-05-2013 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 6044726)
I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board :D:D:D:D (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Good one!!!! I'm with you.

DottyD 05-05-2013 04:31 AM

I am reading A Quilter's Holiday by Jennifer Chiaverinni - one of the Elm Creek series -- and author of quilt book Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. All nice stories - and light hearted !

Yankeegirl 05-05-2013 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 6045147)
My current favorite author is David Baldacci (sp). I just finished his newst The Hit.

For lighter fair I like historical romances. I also have started reading the Outlander series. I tend to read series so am eagerly waiting my turn for the sequel to Outlander. I'm on the ebook waiting list as my daughter told me not to read them out of squence!!!

Its probably better to read them in order but I actually read Dragonfly in Amber first. Bought it at a garage sale because it was so huge lol - my kids were little then and it took me forever to get through it but then I was hooked!!

nivosum 05-05-2013 06:05 AM

I just finished reading Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble by Ann B. Ross and C. S. Lewis, A Life by Alister McGrath. I am currently reading Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis and 7 Events That Made America America by Larry Schweikart.

Nanaof4 05-05-2013 06:33 AM

I'm reading "An Invisible Thread" by Laura Schroff, a true story of an 11 year old panhandler, a busy sales executive, and an unlikely meeting with destiny. I started it on Friday and should be able to finish it today, can't put it down. I agree with Nammie to 7, a lot of good books are free for your Kindle. Has anyone read "Apple Pie and Strudel Girls"? It was recommended by someone on the QB but the price of $28 seems a little high and I'm wondering if it is worth the price.

nygal 05-05-2013 06:41 AM

I am reading "When Jesus wept". It is one of many that I am currently reading.

MarLeClair 05-05-2013 07:07 AM

I started reading "The Last Child" by John Hart and was hooked on him as an author. Have since finished everything that he has written.