Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Washing Machines: w/agitator or w/o?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/washing-machines-w-agitator-w-o-t249343.html)

Sandygirl 07-01-2014 07:46 AM

Washing Machines: w/agitator or w/o??

Replacing mine. I want a top loader. My choices are the old standard agitator or try the new ones w/o the agitator. Supposedly conserves water. But how does it clean??

sandy

KarenR 07-01-2014 07:52 AM

My sister loves hers.

Sandygirl 07-01-2014 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by KarenR (Post 6781600)
My sister loves hers.

which one???

Sandy

Krisb 07-01-2014 08:35 AM

We just got an LG, not a top of the line model, either. It uses 1/2 the amount of detergent and the clothes are cleaner. It cleans by moving the entire tub to agitate the clothes. There is a rinse and spin cycle that I use for fabric. It sings a little song when it is done.

Annie Pearl 07-01-2014 08:43 AM

My daughter has a Maytag without an agitator and she loves it. She says the clothers are spun dryer so less time in the dryer, less detergent and uses less water.

nativetexan 07-01-2014 08:44 AM

Hmmm, top loader without agitator? that would be great. I still like top loaders because I usually like to soak my quilts. front loaders don't have that option i believe.

Amarillo19 07-01-2014 08:51 AM

I have a Bosch washer and dryer. They do conserve water and soap. My biggest complaint is with the king size sheets. It rolls them into a tight cylinder, especially in the dryer. Occasionally I have to stop the machine and shake out the sheet so it will dry thoroughly. I've vowed I won't get another Bosch. My daughter had Whirlpool w/d and loved them.

quilter1 07-01-2014 08:56 AM

I have the LG with the diamond tub- such a good machine. And it has a soak cycle too, along with loads of other options. My only comment would be that is you are vertically challenged, it might be difficult to reach into the bottom to retrieve items. I am 5'6" and can reach fine, but any shorter and it might be a problem.

mandyrose 07-01-2014 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6781671)
Hmmm, top loader without agitator? that would be great. I still like top loaders because I usually like to soak my quilts. front loaders don't have that option i believe.

guess I'm not up with the times give me my good ole top loader for same reason I like the soak feature and almost always I will find something laying around that I can throw in the washer nice that I can pick up the lid and throw it in, I think the newer ones don't have that feature once it starts you can't open it don't like that.

CurliQ 07-01-2014 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 6781697)
I have the LG with the diamond tub- such a good machine. And it has a soak cycle too, along with loads of other options. My only comment would be that is you are vertically challenged, it might be difficult to reach into the bottom to retrieve items. I am 5'6" and can reach fine, but any shorter and it might be a problem.

I have this one too and love it. My daughter is 5'4" and has to just about lower half her body in to get to the bottom. On the other hand, that's a lot of laundry in one load. ;)