Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What did you name your sewing machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-you-name-your-sewing-machine-t132449.html)

Just-Lee 06-23-2011 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Stunned. am I missing something? Is my brain odd? I have never, ever thought of naming any of my machines. Probably called the Serger some unprintable things when it does not want to co-operate tho! :lol:

Originally Posted by 749janet
I'm just curious as to what everyone has named their sewing machines? Please share your names with the message board and also why or how did you come about naming it that?

I'm trying to think of a name for mine and I'm thinking about naming her "Florance Ida Katherine" after my mother.

And does anyone refer to their sewing machine as a "he" ?

LOL..My thoughts exactly!! I have 3 non-working older machines and my new one that I don't jive with too well, so naming is not a good idea here!

:oops:

Riversong 06-23-2011 03:42 AM

My main machine is named Aurelia,after my great grandmother who was an excellent seamstress and quilter.I in herited her genes ,I think,as no one else in my family can even sew on a button.My oldest daughter has "The Needle" that she keeps around as she has three boys and must deal with splinters.It has never passed through a piece of fabric or a button.

brushandthimble 06-23-2011 03:56 AM

I have named only my FW "Lizzie"

mltquilt 06-23-2011 04:02 AM

Never named my machines until I purchased my Bernina Series 8 830 machine. I call her Bertha or Big Bertha because of the size.

mltqilt

Just Me... 06-23-2011 04:02 AM

My Bernina is "Bernie"
My Janome is "Jenny"
My Featherweight is "Flossie"
My Gammills are "Gammie and Gabbie"
Two Singers are "Sylvia and Sylvester" (just gave these away)

I know....I'm not as creative with these names. I started naming them when I heard a news report that said people who name their cars take better care of them. Figured it would apply to the sewing machines, too.

Now....to name the rest.....LOL

RUSewing 06-23-2011 04:44 AM

The only one I've named is my Singer 66 and it's Lucille - after my granny who was my sewing mentor and other mother.

MissSandra 06-23-2011 05:18 AM

I named my treadle Debie due to her owner previous owner whos passed on and my bff is debbie also.

Conniequilts 06-23-2011 05:26 AM

Wow - some creative names! i just named my recent purchase Blue. It is a Sapphire and, well, sapphires are blue.

traumaRN 06-23-2011 05:28 AM

My Janome is Janette, for obvious reasons; and my fw is Velma Genevive (Genny) after my grandmother who was a quilter and my inspiration.

tlcquiltnut 06-23-2011 05:37 AM

My new Designer Diamond has no name as of yet but the Big Bopper greets me when she turns on.
My sapphire is Saffy
Treadle is Myrtle(after my grandmother)
The featherwieght needs named too come to think...gee I better get busy thinking up names....