Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do your Grandkids call you?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-your-grandkids-call-you-t200512.html)

y.morman 09-17-2012 04:55 AM

I became a grandmother at 35. I left it up to my children and grandchildren to decide what would be appropriate for their family. My grandchildren call me Grandma and my mom they call Grandma the Great. This came about with our first grandchild because she just couldn't get great-grandma but could call her grandma the great.

Joni 09-17-2012 06:15 AM

No Grandchildren yet but I want to be Zippity and hubby to bo DooDah.

Delta 09-17-2012 06:17 AM

my sisters grand sons call her grammy,

jbj137 09-17-2012 07:52 AM

Grand

j j

Slow2Sew 09-17-2012 09:21 AM

I answer to "Nana" or "Hey, Nana"; however, I prefer, "Love you, Nana!"

grandme26 09-17-2012 09:32 AM

Myys oldest grandson and only granddaughter, they live in IL, call me grandmommy.Reason, when grandson was starting to talk he would say grandpa for one of his grandfather that was living with them from time to time. But he would also call me grandpama. I was able to get him to say grand and them mommy after that and that is where grandmommy came from. My 4 grandsons that live near me call me grandme. My daughter started it and when the 2 younger boy came around they called me grandme and their other grandmother grandma. I just insisted that they not call me granny. The two older ones here do call their other grandmother granny. Makes it easy for all of us to know which grandma they are talking about.

Momo 09-17-2012 09:36 AM

It is Momo down here in Alabama. Same thing my kids called my mother. Worked out great, my mother was states away and when necessary she was Momo Elaine for clarification. I love it.

Pam Riggs 09-17-2012 10:14 AM

My oldest grandson (who is 12 now) called me Mom because my daughter and him lived with me until he was 2 and he heard her calling me mom. Then when his brother (who is now 8) came along and started talking he called me mamaw so now I am mamaw. The oldest calls his daddy's mom "nanny" and the youngest calls his daddy's mom "grammy". My husband is papaw and the other granddad is "poppy" and one is "papaw cc". The kids usually figure out what they want to call you in their own way.

PenniF 09-17-2012 10:41 AM

In the family there was already a Gram, Grammie, Nana, Gramma, and MeeMaw and Mamoo - so i became Mimi...which was my brother's nickname for me when we were kids. My DH is Pop.

Nell Dwyer 09-17-2012 11:56 AM

Nothing beats-"Grandpa & Grandma-we only have one Grandson, and has always called us this-gives us a special feeling-we were there when he was born, and now there with him when his mother died last November-try Grandpa and Grandma on for a saying and see if it fits you.