Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What to make for Little Boys - Besides Quilts - Suggestions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-make-little-boys-besides-quilts-suggestions-please-t219443.html)

Treasureit 04-18-2013 06:51 AM

What to make for Little Boys - Besides Quilts - Suggestions please

I have made my grandsons quilts but I can't think of anything else to make. The girls are easy..I have made Totes, doll clothes, purses, etc. But I am stumped for the fellers! ages are 2-3. Would love to hear and see what you have made.

willferg 04-18-2013 07:09 AM

I've known little boys who love super hero capes, and they are easy to make...

thimblebug6000 04-18-2013 07:22 AM

Stuffed dinosaurs?

thimblebug6000 04-18-2013 07:23 AM

A play mat with tracks or roadways & purchased cars or train?

nygal 04-18-2013 07:41 AM

For some unknown reason I am no longer able to post pictures to threads but I can post them in my profile. Anyway if you go to my profile under "baby quilts" you will see one of a kite. It was simple to make and I made two of them. You might like it.

QuiltnNan 04-18-2013 07:53 AM

my DGS collected beyblades tops. so i made him a special tote for the tops and the arena they are spun in.

gramajo 04-18-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 6010337)
A play mat with tracks or roadways & purchased cars or train?

That's what I was going to suggest. I purchased a panel and just quilted around the roads and buildings. I can't find the picture of it right now.

Pollytink 04-18-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6010385)
For some unknown reason I am no longer able to post pictures to threads but I can post them in my profile. Anyway if you go to my profile under "baby quilts" you will see one of a kite. It was simple to make and I made two of them. You might like it.

That is so cute!! Enjoyed your other quilts too and wondered about the last one in Baby Quilts....it says "Baby Panel Quilt"......were the baby pics on it really in a panel? That is adorable!!

sewred 04-18-2013 08:32 AM

How about a playmat that looks like a town . You could applique pieces to look like a garage or going through mountains, houses and maybe a fire dept. or something like that? How about a shortened version of a crayon tote but for matchbox cars ? Stuffed dinosaurs, monster, etc.. Fabric footballs or baseballs? Hackey sacks if they would play with them?

Monroe 04-18-2013 08:48 AM

Boys like quillows- they enjoy doing the folding and stuffing. I've seen circular playmats laced with rope that draws up to make a sack. "Transforming" items are loved by boys. An I spy quilt? A quilt with superhero fabrics? Snuggly fleece on the back. The previously mentioned cape idea is terrific. I saw an idea for making a sleep mat from pillows- might have been on Martha Stewart. A Long length of fabric divided into pillowcase segments to hold regular pillows (removeable for washing) that folds up. I'll look for a link. Don't set the bar too high- the boys have a lot of growing up to do, and they'll Love a quilt.