Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who else is dealing with this extreme heat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-else-dealing-extreme-heat-t57647.html)

cjomomma 08-03-2010 11:04 AM

Ohmigosh this heat is crazy!!!!! It's 97 with a heat index of 112 derees. I need to go to town but it's too hot. Ppl around here are not used to this kind of weather. All it does is remind me of Cali heat.

sharon b 08-03-2010 11:06 AM

It has been a hot miserable summer every where from what I hear :shock: Still hot and humid here , waiting for a break, but NOT waiting for winter :wink:

QBeth 08-03-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Ohmigosh this heat is crazy!!!!! It's 97 with a heat index of 112 derees. I need to go to town but it's too hot. Ppl around here are not used to this kind of weather. All it does is remind me of Cali heat.

Heard you guys were getting clobbered again! Sorry to hear it.

cjomomma 08-03-2010 11:08 AM

After dealing with this I'm ready for snow and lots of it.

cjomomma 08-03-2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Heard you guys were getting clobbered again! Sorry to hear it.

It's redicilous. All this heat and no rain. Even the trees and bushes are suffering.

HeatherQuilts 08-03-2010 11:12 AM

It's hot and humid here in Minnesota, too. 91 degrees with a heat index of 96. (I think it feels a LOT hotter, though!)
Is it September yet?? :lol: I'm not a big fan of summer.....

hobo2000 08-03-2010 11:15 AM

We had that 4 ft snow in Jan, Feb & March and now last week 115 heat index in Wash. DC. Broke every kind of record for the day, week month year last time1912. Most of the high rises don't have windows that open and, of course, as luck would have it that was the same week we had no electric. One of my friends, over 70, lives on the 12th floor, no elevator, sit out on the balcony with pillowcases of ice on her. walked once a day up and down to get the ice. At least, in the winter with no electric you could get enough clothes on to keep warm but in the summer, forget it. We took showers with our clothes on and then go sit on the porch...only way to cool off.

LeeAnn 08-03-2010 11:20 AM

It's hotter than a pot of collards! teehee. Saturday the heat index was a whopping 121 degrees. We're cooler today, only 117. Whew.

shikha 08-03-2010 11:41 AM

OMG here I wish exactly opposite. Mumbai is full of rains this time of the year and I am begging to God to stop it as I just can't go anywhere. The transportation gets miserable in rains.

craftmama 08-03-2010 11:47 AM

Hot and Humid here. Average is 97 degrees and sticky.