Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else is dealing with this extreme heat?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Ohmigosh this heat is crazy!!!!! It's 97 with a heat index of 112 derees. I need to go to town but it's too hot. Ppl around here are not used to this kind of weather. All it does is remind me of Cali heat.

Blog Entries
    It has been a hot miserable summer every where from what I hear :shock: Still hot and humid here , waiting for a break, but NOT waiting for winter :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Ohmigosh this heat is crazy!!!!! It's 97 with a heat index of 112 derees. I need to go to town but it's too hot. Ppl around here are not used to this kind of weather. All it does is remind me of Cali heat.
    Heard you guys were getting clobbered again! Sorry to hear it.

Blog Entries
    After dealing with this I'm ready for snow and lots of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    Heard you guys were getting clobbered again! Sorry to hear it.
    It's redicilous. All this heat and no rain. Even the trees and bushes are suffering.

It's hot and humid here in Minnesota, too. 91 degrees with a heat index of 96. (I think it feels a LOT hotter, though!)
    Is it September yet?? :lol: I'm not a big fan of summer.....

Blog Entries
    We had that 4 ft snow in Jan, Feb & March and now last week 115 heat index in Wash. DC. Broke every kind of record for the day, week month year last time1912. Most of the high rises don't have windows that open and, of course, as luck would have it that was the same week we had no electric. One of my friends, over 70, lives on the 12th floor, no elevator, sit out on the balcony with pillowcases of ice on her. walked once a day up and down to get the ice. At least, in the winter with no electric you could get enough clothes on to keep warm but in the summer, forget it. We took showers with our clothes on and then go sit on the porch...only way to cool off.

It's hotter than a pot of collards! teehee. Saturday the heat index was a whopping 121 degrees. We're cooler today, only 117. Whew.

OMG here I wish exactly opposite. Mumbai is full of rains this time of the year and I am begging to God to stop it as I just can't go anywhere. The transportation gets miserable in rains.

Hot and Humid here. Average is 97 degrees and sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    We had that 4 ft snow in Jan, Feb & March and now last week 115 heat index in Wash. DC. Broke every kind of record for the day, week month year last time1912. Most of the high rises don't have windows that open and, of course, as luck would have it that was the same week we had no electric. One of my friends, over 70, lives on the 12th floor, no elevator, sit out on the balcony with pillowcases of ice on her. walked once a day up and down to get the ice. At least, in the winter with no electric you could get enough clothes on to keep warm but in the summer, forget it. We took showers with our clothes on and then go sit on the porch...only way to cool off.
    I'm hearing that from our son. He and DDIL live on the 18th floor of an apt. building in Crystal City. I teased them all winter about skiing off the balcony! I don't have the heart to tease him now 'cause I'm in the cool NE, at least for 1 one week.

Blog Entries
    Looks like it is 102 right now. supposed to be 106 today and 107 tomorrow. looks like we might be in for one of those long streaks of 100+ for a while.

We are in triple digits and it looks like it will continue
    thru next week.

Gosh, let's trade locations! lol The Pacific NW (Willamette Valley) has only seen 4 +90 degree days this summer.

It is 104 right now and should be 106 by five or six here north of Dallas. Stiffling outside. But, at least our humidity is not really bad. Sort of puts a crimp in doing stuff in the middle of the day.

Blog Entries
    Hotter than blue blazes here too. Have had heat advisories all day but hear a new one on the way home from Moonshine, extreme heat advisory, natural temp of 105 and heat index of 120. It usually does not do that here either.

We have it here in NC too last week we finally got some rain and a few cool days in the upper 80's but before that it was 103 with a heat index of 112 and by the end of the week it is supposed to be near 100 again. It is summer in the south and the ladies are glowing ha ha---I don't glow I sweat!! :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by quiltykitty
    It is 104 right now and should be 106 by five or six here north of Dallas. Stiffling outside. But, at least our humidity is not really bad. Sort of puts a crimp in doing stuff in the middle of the day.
    Same here in Fort Worth, 103. I really could stand 115 degrees of dry heat better than I can 90 with humidity. I can't stand it when it is humid, I can't breathe, my skin feels like a frog or a snake, it's always damp. Give me dry heat any day.

Blog Entries
    We just hit 100 with an index of 115 degrees.

It is hot and miserable in TN also....I work nights and there is no air conditioning, so it is miserable hot in the warehouse. You literally have to peel your clothes off of you when you get home. I can't wait for this heat to get over with. It has been a very hot summer.

Blog Entries
    After dealing with this I'm ready for snow and lots of it.
    ME TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    It has been a hot miserable summer every where from what I hear :shock: Still hot and humid here , waiting for a break, but NOT waiting for winter :wink:
    I hear that! Its the same here, hot, humid, muggy, yuck! Thank goodness for AC! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I can hear thunder and see the clouds but it's staying to the east of us. Please Lord bring the rain?

Wow, you guys must be stealing all the heat. Here in CA. a bit south of Sacramento, we've had one of the coolest summers I can remember!

Just trying to deal with the 102 degree heat here. I did discover the joy of fruit smoothies. I'm starting to use those for dinner instead of cooking. :)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast