Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Printing picture instructions from the computer?

Blog Entries
    There are several great sites w/ picture instructions out there are the web. My questions is in the printing process. Is there a way to print just the instructions w/o all the stuff on the sides of the page? I am wasting alot of ink. I just want the pics & instructions . I have been copying & pasting in a e-mail to myself-wondering if there was a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi
    There are several great sites w/ picture instructions out there are the web. My questions is in the printing process. Is there a way to print just the instructions w/o all the stuff on the sides of the page? I am wasting alot of ink. I just want the pics & instructions . I have been copying & pasting in a e-mail to myself-wondering if there was a better way.
    Yes I want to know too. I don't want to print all 20 pages!

usually if you hold down the mouse button (left) and highlight only what you want, then when you hit the print button select "selection", it only prints what you have highlighted

Blog Entries
    Hold down your mouse and turn the part that you want blue. On my computer, it has to continuous. Then go to File, choose Print and when the print page comes up. choose Print Selection before you hit OK. You can even do it right here inside a post.

I used to do this but lately when I choose Print Selection, nothing happens. Otherwise my printer works OK.

Blog Entries
    sometimes, there is a link on the page for Printer Friendly Version, but not alway :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    I used to do this but lately when I choose Print Selection, nothing happens. Otherwise my printer works OK.
    Yep I had that same problem.

Blog Entries
    With my Macintosh, I have a COPY and PASTE command. And when I have a page that I can't COPY, I go to FILE on top of my computer and tell it to SEND CONTENTS OF PAGE to my email address. THEN I can copy and paste from that, remove anything I don't want and put it on TEXTEDIT and print it out. TEXTEDIT is similar to Windows' note pads...

Clear as mud?

Blog Entries
    yep, what Kathy said. highlight it and click selected or selection. then print.
    if that doesn't work at all, click PrintScreen Prt/Scr button. then open Word document and click paste. that will get teh whole screen though, but smaller.

I rarely print.... I downloaded a PDF filemaker and make everything ( pics included) of the part I want. I select only the parts I want. Then save it as a PDF file on my computer... then I can print when Iam ready to make an item.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast