Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: putting away the sewing for the Thanksgiving holiday?

Blog Entries
    Anyone else having to pack up the sewing and Christmas projects to make room for Thanksgiving company? I am packing it all up, boxing it by priority, so as soon as the company leaves on Saturday I can start back up again with more room than I have now. We're cleaning up a store room we have downstairs to use it as extra space for the holidays (it's 12' by 24'), and it gets to be sewing room when we're done. I can't wait, I'm so excited to have my own space.........

Blog Entries
    Oh this makes me thankful that I have my own sewing space and can shut the door and no one goes in there...:) I am happy you are getting your own space.

Blog Entries
    I'll just close the door and go next door for the holiday!:)

My sewing machine isn't really in the way at my house. We won't have any guests that will be in from out of town so....I won't have to put anything away. :-) Very glad. :-)

No, since I won't be here but even if I was, I wouldn't be putting it away, since my little sewing room is separate from our home.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    My studio is the room that used to be the formal dining room. We sold the dining room table and chairs, bought some folding tables and chairs that store nicely in the garage and bring them out for big gatherings. So, the answer is "nope"! The folding tables go up around the house in other rooms 'bistro' style. We will have 20 for Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    we're expecting between 20 and 25 for dinner and about 10 of those are from out of town and will be staying at the house till Saturday, right now my sewing room is in the office so between the 2 computers it doesnt leave room for my 2 machines so I have been spreading out to the dining room table, but at least by Christmas all I'll have to do is pick up my fabric not my machines (I'm hoping for a sewing machine table for Christmas, I even printed out a picture and store location of the one I want lol, and set it on my husbands desk, how is that for subtle)

Blog Entries
    I am putting mine away, we are having our Thanksgiving on this Sat. I have to put mine away often as my kids that live a couple of hours away come often, I sure wish I had a room that was just dedicated to sewing, but thankful for what I do have.

Blog Entries
    is your avatar a picture of your sewing room? if so very very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
    My studio is the room that used to be the formal dining room. We sold the dining room table and chairs, bought some folding tables and chairs that store nicely in the garage and bring them out for big gatherings. So, the answer is "nope"! The folding tables go up around the house in other rooms 'bistro' style. We will have 20 for Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisainmo
    Oh this makes me thankful that I have my own sewing space and can shut the door and no one goes in there...:) I am happy you are getting your own space.
    Ditto! :-D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast