Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
putting away the sewing for the Thanksgiving holiday? >

putting away the sewing for the Thanksgiving holiday?

putting away the sewing for the Thanksgiving holiday?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 AM

Unfortunately my sewing space spills out into the guest room so I was busy tonight doing some reorganization for company that's coming on Monday. I figure by late Sunday I'll have the room ready for them!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:06 AM

yes, I have to have my sewing staging room (the spare bedroom) cleaned up and out by Saturday also, we're babysitting 3 of the grandkids.
Originally Posted by lalaland
Unfortunately my sewing space spills out into the guest room so I was busy tonight doing some reorganization for company that's coming on Monday. I figure by late Sunday I'll have the room ready for them!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by gmaybee
I can just shut my door to my sewing room. My son and DIL will be here that evening so we can get up in the morning at 5 and hit a few stores. They always adopt a couple of families for Christmas and buy all their presents.
You couldn't get me to dive into that Piranha infested tank if you paid me. I did it one year never again. I will shop online..lol
Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

We have a late day Thanksgiving dinner. No way I'm getting up early just to start cooking. Turkey will be in a roaster, side dishes will be in the fridge ready to put in the oven about 5 pm. I'll probably sew most of the day until time to eat. I have a sewing room so all I have to do is walk out and shut the door. Family won't be here until about 6 pm. No little kids in our family now so it's more formal then it use to be.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM

We just had "Thanksgiving" last Saturday. I asked my kids to come for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Two of the kids live on the east coast. My other daughter lives about 3 hours from us. Well the daughter, who had her first baby last June, and her husband work for the VA. They found it easier to get off for Veteran's Day, since they had Thursday and Friday off. So two daughters and their families came and we had it on Saturday! It was loads of fun.

Now for the real Thanksgiving, I can just relax and quilt! I have 5 days off and can't wait to hit the quilting room, disappear on Wednesday and not reappear until Monday morning!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
is your avatar a picture of your sewing room? if so very very nice
Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
My studio is the room that used to be the formal dining room. We sold the dining room table and chairs, bought some folding tables and chairs that store nicely in the garage and bring them out for big gatherings. So, the answer is "nope"! The folding tables go up around the house in other rooms 'bistro' style. We will have 20 for Thanksgiving.
Nope....my sewing room area isn't big enough for the quilting frame my husband built me, so that is in our family room. Fortunately, he built it in such a manner that it takes down easily when not in use, and gets stored in the garage. I need to take some pictures of my sewing room and post...but it's always too messy. LOL
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm heading downstate for the holidays but I'm packing up my machine and a few easy projects to take with me. My sister is trying to learn to quilt. We don't get a chance to get together very often so holidays are a perfect chance to sew. We clean up the turkey and stitch for a bit before dessert... then sew a little more while the guys watch tv. PERFECT HOLIDAY, huh?!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 PM

Lucky me, I don't have to clean my sewing mess because my daughter invited us to her place for turkey dinner. this will be a first as I always insisted on doing the dinner myself but the quilting bug finally got the best of me and I don't want to quit sewing, so lucky me I don't, I won't have to.....enjoy your new space after the holidays......happy quilting