Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick Gift Ideas for children?

Quick Gift Ideas for children?

Just found out last night 2 boys ages 5 and 7 are coming to share our Christmas Eve party again this year. I made them pillow cases at the last minute last year. They MAY be bringing their "girl" cousins who are the same ages. I've searched here on the board and did find this one cute older posting, but I don't think it would work for them. car cozy - boy gift
    Any suggestions for something that I could make (while working on Quiltville mystery etc) just so they have some little package to open? (Last year I also made them each a little plate of cookies in animal shapes which they loved, but time consuming)... Thanks for any suggestions!

Blog Entries
    why not goto the dollar store and get them puzzles for a buck a pop. they will be kept busy and they make great gifts for all ages.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

DJ
    Lynnie has a good idea! If you really want to make something, crayon rolls and a tablet of paper shouldn't take too long and you could probably use some of your fabric scraps. A book bag with a book in it might be quick and appreciated.
    DJ_____________________

Thank you ladies for your suggestions! Today I remembered I had some chalkboard fabric left & may try to make each of them an I Spy placemat with a strip of the chalkboard fabric inserted... still brewing.....

Blog Entries
    cheap dollar store puzzles aren't made as nice as the good one...
    how about a bag of balloons? Maybe some games?
    Last edited by miriam; 12-14-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Pillow cases are a fantastic gift. They make great "bags" to put the rest of their loot in so it doesn't get mixed up with other kids stuff.

Little boys usually love match box cars, Little girls play makeup all that can also be gotten at Dollar Tree throw in a box of crayons and a coloring book.

DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Thank you ladies for your suggestions! Today I remembered I had some chalkboard fabric left & may try to make each of them an I Spy placemat with a strip of the chalkboard fabric inserted... still brewing.....
    Sounds great to me!
    DJ_____________________

Blog Entries
    I've been selling balloon balls at bazaars this year. There are free patterns online.

Capes and full skirts are still fun at that age. I made my daughter the tulle skirt that you double up and drop fake flower petals in the fold...very fun and not expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast