Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ready to run away to my little cabin! >

Ready to run away to my little cabin!

Ready to run away to my little cabin!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:29 AM

really I am! I'm tired of picking up after everyone! I went out this morning with ds to put some straw in the chicken run. Well first we had to pick up trash something pulled out of the can and move a tarp to get to the gate. Then I went to get the wheellbarrow to move the bales....there's 2 bags of dirt in it from weeks ago when dh did some work....on the way I had to step over dd's take out box. I raised my kids to pick up after themselves so WHY now does everyone think I have NOTHING better to do than go around behind their lazy butts and pick up after them?? I've tried just leaving it.....it stays there! Some days living alone on a mountaintop sounds really really good!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM

It's Monday, everyone else is at work at my house so i am left to clean up after this wekend, I wish i could take my sewing machine , stash, and little dog and go somewhere quiet and clean
Old 06-28-2010, 05:43 AM

I have an old friend, that when we were young newlyweds, her husband decided, after the baby was born that she sat around all day and did nothing. So....one day she showed him. She sat around and did nothing for a whole week. Finally, on the weekend, he asked what was up. LOL He NEVER made those comments again!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Sometimes I get in one of those moods and I throw away. If I have to pick it up more than 2x the third time is goes in the garbage and I don't care what it is. Threw away DD's favorite blouse once. Boy was she mad but she started picking up her clothes better.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Sometimes I get in one of those moods and I throw away. If I have to pick it up more than 2x the third time is goes in the garbage and I don't care what it is. Threw away DD's favorite blouse once. Boy was she mad but she started picking up her clothes better.
oldest dd came in last night and sat her pocketbook in my room and left it.......today she will look all over and fuss thinking someone moved it from the kitchen table where she normally puts it.......I'm just gonna sit there and say nothing.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM

Make a list of the stuff that they have not picked up, put away, etc. with each of their names on it. Then, they will not be ALLOWED to do anything with friends, games, phone, etc. until all is done. Make this a reg. routine, everyday they have say X to do.

I've collected cell phones, video game controllers (they can't do anything without these), turned off TV and hide the controllers. :shock:

When enough becomes enough, this saying always comes to mind. "If moms not happy - nobodys gonna be happy!" It works!!

Good Luck!! :thumbup:
Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 AM

I have the same problem with my DH. He has a "nest" all around his chair. I put a cabinit, table and small book case next to his chair to help control his "nest". It's all full and she's still using the space around his chair for the things he needs to sort out or decide what to do with.
He drives for the Amish so when he is gone for a few days I get a box and neatly park up most of it. He hates when I do that but seems not enough to do it himself.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:58 AM

If I had to pick up after the kids, I made them pay 25 cents to get it back at the end of the week. It took one of them two weeks of getting no allowance to figure it out. Never again did I have to do that. That was from my second marriage that had 15 kids. He died later, Kids when back to foster family's. Long story. LOL....now it's just me and hubby and 28 yr old son. I am constantly brushing crumbs to the sink, putting a bowl into dish washer. Hubby left paper on table...I asked if it was to be kept he said no...I crumbled it up in a huff and he was shocked. Asked if I was huffy? DAUGH!! I told him I was tired of doing the things that him and son could do. I do it they could to...he said he was sorry....and life was sweet again. Point made....
Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Pam

I was always after my daughter to pick up the "stuff" off her floor before she used the vacuum. Sure enough (the very last time she did not) I went to her room to get the vacuum and it would not pick up anything and was making a terrible racket.

I took apart the areas that collect the junk and clogged the hose. I removed a clip from her hot rollers, about 4 coins a cat turd and about a bag and a half of dust and her long hair.

I carefully deposited all on her desk. Never had that problem again.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

My husband and I are both rather sloppy unfortunately. The kids are gone but it persisted. We finally decided we no longer have excuses for stuff all over.
This morning I told him (nicely) to please go all around and pick up his stuff before he left for the day. Amazing what just a few minutes can make in a house.
Now I need to do what I told him............ :D
This is working for us- YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE