Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: A Relationship on the Mend - Merry Christmas to Me!

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yonnikka
    Building on a relationship-- one suggestion is to make an offer (better in e-mail or letter so she can re-read and re-think her reply) to buy one of her baskets as a gift for someone you know, someone that she does not know. Show her you are proud of her work, and acknowledge her creativity. That is a grand gesture that she cannot ignore. Just don't defeat yourself by bargaining for a discount price!!!! Good luck! Some things cannot be hurried...
    Yeah, this would work on me!

So happy the family relationship is being restored...will keep you in my prayers

So happy to hear that.

We've had some similar issues going on in our family and it's such a joy when relationships get mended before it's too late.

Blog Entries
    So glad to hear that she may be coming around finally. When you get together in Feb. tell DH to tape his mouth so nothing will slip out to change things to the way they were lol. Congratulations and what a nice Christmas gift.

I am so very very lucky. I only have one brother and no sisters. We have always been very close and talk almost every day, sometimes two or three times a day on the phone. We live about 200 miles from each other. I always got along well with his two ex's as well. But he is much happier now that he is single again or at least he seems to be anyway. Doesn't seem to have the stress. My DH is youngest of 5 and there is one sister that is always grumpy. Everyone else gets along fine. All are scattered from us and we only get to see and visit his brother who lives here in town very often. But we do get along with all others, we just aren't around the grumpy sister much.
    I have such a good relationship with my brother it is hard for me to realize how others can't seem to get along, and I know it happens so often in many families.
    Those who hold a grudge or ill feelings and don't want to give in and forgive, often wait until it is too late do so and those they were angry with are sometimes gone and the forgiving can never happen.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful Christmas miracle!

Praying that all goes well.

Blog Entries
    We never know what goes on behind others doors. I had some in-laws who were sooo jealous and of what?
    They are all gone now and we really have peaceful gatherings in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    We've had some similar issues going on in our family and it's such a joy when relationships get mended before it's too late.
    You are so right. Forgiveness is divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooklabell
    My sister didn't talk to me for 15 years. I kept openning the door, just in case she wanted to talk. Finally, she did. It was very small steps - today, we talk every day. BUT, I keep my feelings safe - I don't trust it won't happen again. She's just like that.

Glad your SIL is "coming around". Just act as if nothing ever happened.
    I can relate. I haven't spoken to my sister in 14 years and thanks to her stubbornness it won't be any time soon. Oops, let me clarify. I don't speak to ONE of my sisters. The other is a member here on the board and we talk frequently.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6