Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Say what???

Blog Entries
    I took a typing course in school years ago and have worked at learning to type without looking at the keys as I went. But since I don't look at the keys anymore I freguently hit the wrong keys!!! Imagine that!!

Sometimes the mispelled words create the funniest sentences or phrases!! I thought I would share a few!

Should have been----becomes
    ------------------------------------------

Trouble shooting --- --- trouble shooing

Quit--------------------- quilt /
    It took me until my 40's to quilt my mistakes

are-----------------------ate /
    they ate free

attach--------------------attack/
    Copy and paste my email address. Then attack your files.

cut-----------------------gut/
    If you hold the template so it doesn't move and rotate your mat as you gut you will get accurate half square triangle squares.

Lied----------------------lived
    My DH lied with him when I met my DH.

And when I hit the wrong key to spell add -well let's just say I can't write the word here!!

Blog Entries
    LMBO Rhonda, I am glad that I am not the only one who does this!!! I type quit for quilt and vice versa all of the time, too :roll: And your right, when I catch my typos, they can be very amusing or embarrassing....too bad spell check can't distinguish those kind of mistakes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, don't worry about it.
    I swear I have dyslexia when it comes to typing.
    If I left ALL the mistakes from my typing, there would be no way anyone could read it, but then again....I'm sure someone could. lol

LOL...yeah, I can't write add here, either, :mrgreen:
    Not only do I write and have to fix, the craziest goofs, whether it's hurriedness, or just oopsy/goofy...I have sent two emails, to the wrong ppl lately.
    Good thing I didn't include stuff, like grandma's secret recipes, and such in there, LOL!
    too funny, Rhonda. I love it. :XD:

Blog Entries
    Well....I'm just sayin' that I need a new keyboard....the keys are sticking on mine... :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    My mom was a secretary for 25 years in our school system. I watched her type and wished I could do what she does. Speed and accuracy etc.
    The really stupid part is I have developed this habit of hitting the keys backwards. Left hand before right hand etc.when I want to do it the other way around!
    The silly thing is almost every time!! I go to write my name I get Rhodna! You'd think I could get my name right!!!!
    I asked mom how to stop doing this and she had NO idea!! Just need to slow down and think I guess!! I sometimes still watch the keys and then I don't make as many mistakes!!

I have answered over 600 requests for templates now so you can see how many times I have written my name wrong and had to redo it!!!
    Very irritating!!

Banned
    I'm a one finger pecker typer, but getting faster :lol:

That made me laugh. Most times my fingers can't keep up with my brain, and I end up with very creative words :lol: Sometimes I'll completely leave a word out. Oh, well. We all do it.

Now I don't feel so bad, I know I'm not the only one who hits the wrong key. :shock:

I'm probably hitting more of the 'wrong' keys than all of you now. My DH needed to get one of the ergonomic keyboards because of wrist pain. It has a huge space between the t-y, g-h, and b-n letters, as well as being angled so the middle of the keyboard is way higher than the ends. I used to be able to type fairly quickly without looking at keys, but this has turned me into, as Bev says, a one finger pecker typer. :cry: Otherwise I get typos in more than 50% of my words. sheesh. I have invented several new words while typing. Will I NEVER get used to this awful thing?!??!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast