Say what???

Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well....I'm just sayin' that I need a new keyboard....the keys are sticking on mine... :lol: :lol:
I get most of my words wrong when I am tired. And no, I don't think I need a new keyboard, I need to shoot the Leprechaun that moves my keys around when I am not looking! Most irritating of all is when I constantly get the semi colon rather than the quote, because I don't stretch my little finger far enough.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 AM

When I was in High school. I took a typing class. The keys were covered. So I learned to type without looking and can go pretty fast. BUUUUUUUUT!!!! I also have a concentration Problem and I hit the wrong keys. But I also know when I do hit them,sometimes I will go back and correct, more often than not, I don't. The good thing about typeing without looking at your hands is you are reading as you type or I do anyways. You are right sometimes it is pretty funny, my problem is I leave out whole words. Go Figure.
BillsBonBon
Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
I'm probably hitting more of the 'wrong' keys than all of you now. My DH needed to get one of the ergonomic keyboards because of wrist pain. It has a huge space between the t-y, g-h, and b-n letters, as well as being angled so the middle of the keyboard is way higher than the ends. I used to be able to type fairly quickly without looking at keys, but this has turned me into, as Bev says, a one finger pecker typer. :cry: Otherwise I get typos in more than 50% of my words. sheesh. I have invented several new words while typing. Will I NEVER get used to this awful thing?!??!?
I have this type of keyboard at work and I have gotten really used to it. They got it for me when I started having problems with my wrists too. You will get used to it after a while!!! I can type on this thing pretty fast and I never look, unless I am working numbers on the 10 key pad. I work for an accountant and much of what I do involves numbers. It does help with the wrist problems etc. Now when I get home and try to type on they keyboard there, which is "normal" I have the hardest time. Home is ususally when I am responding to this board or on chat or writing e-mails to family and friends. (right now I'm at work, the boss is out of town) Then when I have to type on a laptop keyboard, forget it!!!! I hate using the laptop if I have to type much at all.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

I love it. I have done some doozies myself. Just have to laugh and go on.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 PM
k3n
Power Poster

I have a French keyboard - the letters are all in different places and I have some with the accents é à ç for example. But Hans has a qwerty (I had to jump around to type that!) So if he asks me to check/correct a document he's written and I don't look what I'm doing - well, I end up typing serbo-croat or something!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM

At least on the keyboard we have a chance to fix our mistakes and inadvertant words. Many years ago I worked at a radio station, and had to do the LIVE tag-line at the end of a commercial. It was SUPPOSED to be "...and you can park free across the street." What did I say?? "...you can pee free across the street." :oops: :oops: :oops: I never did live that one down at the station. :cry: