Selfies! Stop it!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I am getting to that point too, esp "friends" that are really acquaintance that other than FB, they are not relevant to my life today. ie: not in my social world in real life.

On a funny note, my cousin "unfriended " me in october 2012. Our political views did not match. No problem, our spiritual views don't either. I am not an Atheist but he has every freedom to be so. I found it immature to unfriend those of who are not clones of his views in life. He is A 65 year old PHD.
sandy
It seems like in real life he is not really a friend, just a distant relative, so nothing lost but a made up title....you probably wouldn't see him much anyway.........to discuss these differences

Facebook friends is a term made up by people who really don't have many or don't know the meaning of the word....I have friends and we look each other in the eye on real visits......jmho
Old 11-23-2014, 09:40 AM

I have one person that sends me every thing she does, OH how I would love it if she would call me once in awhile or come and see me!!! She was a good friend when we worked together, I miss her, just don`t have to know what she makes for every meal, even when she runs out of toilet tissue. Did I say I love? I do, but want to see her in person.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

ha, ha. it's a good thing my hubby and I aren't on Facebook. any opinion different from his is horrid. he hates being wrong. the world almost comes to an end. So I have no opinion. even on the color of a flower. silly but true.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
re Facebook...I do email, snail mail, and phone. I prefer my info not be "out there". That is just me.
Oh I so agree. !!!!
Old 11-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

I went on a few times for a class reunion. I see now that it's used amoung the people I went to high school with as their personal Political platform. that's all they talk about. bash this Politian and vote for my Friend. had enough of that.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:06 PM

...or you don't care about me, or you don't love God...

I guess we all have at least one friend who doesn't feel loved enough so has to ask for confirmation from everyone on facebook.

Sad.