Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Selfies! Stop it!

Selfies! Stop it!

I have a friend who posts a new one EVERY DAY on Facebook. This gal is pretty but she is also over 16 (middle aged...like me!). I am thinking of blocking her...i am tired of the selfies. Frankly, i am bored with most selfies. My bad?

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    I, too, have a friend who posts multiple selfies of herself each week. She just turned 30 and has two adorable little boys. I would prefer to see photos of them. One day I posted the word Narcissist with its definition...and the selfies dropped dramatically. LOL.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Don't do facebook so no need for me to deal with selfies! I think the whole thing is idiotic, myself.

I think your friends are kin to my niece. Had to block her. The difference in her pics, she likes to always have a glass of some kind of alcoholic beverage in her hand. Yes, she likes her alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    I, too, have a friend who posts multiple selfies of herself each week. She just turned 30 and has two adorable little boys. I would prefer to see photos of them. One day I posted the word Narcissist with its definition...and the selfies dropped dramatically. LOL.
    I have thought of posting narcissist too! Glad you had a good result. I once posted "Again?" on her FB page and she laughed it off. I guess former beauties just need the attention...and she gets it with every selfie posted. she is a great gal, I love her friendship. I try to let it roll off.

Yes, FB is addictive but one reason I like it is to keep in touch with friends and family that I otherwise would not see or contact. I hear the latest news, even in the news, by trolling the newsfeed. So I guess the selfie is minor....maybe.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini

Power Poster
    I too don't see the fascination with selfies. If I was young and beautiful I might.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
    I think your friends are kin to my niece. Had to block her. The difference in her pics, she likes to always have a glass of some kind of alcoholic beverage in her hand. Yes, she likes her alcohol
    The next time she applies for a job, if her employers check her FB page, it will not look good.

lol...
    ​DEBRA

re Facebook...I do email, snail mail, and phone. I prefer my info not be "out there". That is just me.

I use Facebook for quilting. Lots of great give aways, flash sales, and free patterns. I won a Go Baby, Aurifil thread sets, rulers, books, magazines, pattern, quilt kits and too many fat quarter packs to count. Facebook is a great resource for quilting. I have a personal Facebook page for family stuff. I don't mind blocking any family member if they start posting annoying pics.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I do some Facebook and do like the occasional selfie but every day -- I think not!

I have blocked a few ppl on facebook because Everyday they post a pic of grandkids, not my circus, not my monkey.
    but I like FB as someone said to keep up with the news. and I really like the quilting stuff I see.

Only see selfies with my new Granddaughter in law and Grandson. He is Army and living in Virginia/D.C. area. So they are very welcomed.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Selfie don't bother me.....it's very easy to just hide someone's feed so there is no need to see them everyday. Then you just have to go see their page if you are interested. Pictures, of kids, grandkids or even your dog are fine with me, even the silly game requests are not a problem again easy enough to hide or block.

I hate the high horse political crap even if I agree with your views I'm tired of being beat upside the head with them. Personally I like FB for the pictutes and often amusing stories from my friends and family. I find if I am hiding thier posts often enough or censoring my probably rude comment on post then maybe we are not really friends after all so I unfriend them. Unless they have very few friends they will never notice.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Most of my "Friends" are cousins (I have a LOT) - funny how some are so conservative and others are so liberal!! I read it all.

What I can't stand are the self-righteous, "if you don't repost this or set as your profile picture for an hour, I know you don't really care about me/my religion/my cause."

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    Most of my "Friends" are cousins (I have a LOT) - funny how some are so conservative and others are so liberal!! I read it all.

What I can't stand are the self-righteous, "if you don't repost this or set as your profile picture for an hour, I know you don't really care about me/my religion/my cause."
    Omg that's the other one I hate most people who post those do nothing in real life to make a difference. I call it self righteous grandstanding.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

My pet peeve is people who "share" absolutely everything that comes to their page. I finally just click on the "no notifications" and every once in awhile I'll check on her home page to see if there's anything she wrote herself; not much! (my Sis...and I love her very much, but I'm not interested in horror news stories or things that look like something from a trash magazine.... ) oh well... whatever floats your boat.... FB works for some of us and not so much for others... great that we get the choice.

Haha... just for fun I checked her page... there are 17 shares & not one of her own postings.
    Last edited by thimblebug6000; 08-07-2014 at 03:33 PM.

I have blocked alot of people. I don't care for frequent selfies, I don't need to know what people are doing every moment of the day, I don't want political posts, I don't want invites to play games, and I don't care for rude cartoons. I guess I'm just a pretty dull person.

My eye doctor did a selfie when I was in his office. I no longer go to him, which has been over 4 or 5 years. Really turned me off.
    Pat in MN

I have to agree with NJ Quilter, I don't do facebook, twitter or whatever other kind of "social media" crap that is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by decky View Post
    My eye doctor did a selfie when I was in his office. I no longer go to him, which has been over 4 or 5 years. Really turned me off.

THAT is hilarious! Scary, sad too.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Oddly I didn't even know what a selfie is, had to ask my son.

Blog Entries
    Facebook is wastebook, get a life.
    Aussie Carol

Blog Entries
    I agree with you! Why are folks so obsessed with their selves? I have a middle aged friend that changes her profile picture several times a week. All selfies. she can never take a candid shot, all are posed. And when she takes pictures of her grandkids she is always in them. It is pretty self centered if you ask me. Get over your self already!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    re Facebook...I do email, snail mail, and phone. I prefer my info not be "out there". That is just me.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    I agree..there is too much of information that is out there about an individual ... just amazing !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast