Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Series Finale - Downton tonight

Series Finale - Downton tonight

Hope some of you will watch the series finale tonight. Gonna miss this show.

In our area, the KSPS station has been showing the entire series all weekend long. What fun! The last couple of shows are left tonight~ Gonna miss the show!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Just finished watching the final episode. Very happy with it but sorry to see end.

I loved the finale. My goodness, the costumes were especially beautiful in this episode. It's sad to see it end.
    Lori

trying to stay grateful

I was delighted with how most of the story lines ended. It was a delight to watch but I did not want to see a funeral for Violet. She was getting up there in age.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    Hope some of you will watch the series finale tonight. Gonna miss this show.
    It was good episode to wrap loose ends up. I am now going to start watching the dvds from the previous seasons. The episodes are well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I was delighted with how most of the story lines ended. It was a delight to watch but I did not want to see a funeral for Violet. She was getting up there in age.
    There was no funeral.....oh, you mean you didn't want it to go on to that point.
    It moved quickly, from situation to situation. I had to smile with the comment by Mary about becoming a used car salesman. Began to be almost a soap opera, so it was time to say good bye......I did enjoy it...hope something good takes it's place....so far I see nothing...

It was rather Disney like with it's happy ever after. But I am so glad it ended that way. They tied it up very well. I watched the first time with anxiety of what are they going to do bad this time and to who? I watched the second time with enjoyment.

I pre-ordered the season and received them the 1st week of February but I kept myself from watching them till about the end of February so I know how it ends. I'm still sad they will not be returning next year as it was a delightful look into a time past.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer 1, Babylock Ellegante, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I loved watching this series. Found out about it from this board and while recovering from surgery in 2013, I was able to rent the 1st three seasons and catch up. I hate to see it end, almost cried during the last episode. I've already watched it twice :-).
    "May the works of my hands be pleasing in Your sight, O God."
    From 'A Quilter's Prayer' by Patricia Hauze

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast