Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sewing machine question

I want to get my daughter a sewing machine for Christmas..She is 21 and just started sewing.. she is using my old..old sewing machine that had been in attic for along time and does not run good...I am looking to spend around $200...I have a Brother that I use and a Elna and like both...any one have any input?

There are some really nice inexpensive Janomes that you can buy online for under that price. I've heard they are really awesome machines.... :D

Quote Originally Posted by diannemc
    I want to get my daughter a sewing machine for Christmas..She is 21 and just started sewing.. she is using my old..old sewing machine that had been in attic for along time and does not run good...I am looking to spend around $200...I have a Brother that I use and a Elna and like both...any one have any input?
    did you see the one for sale on the member classified section pretty nice machine

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Janome...VVviewprod.htm

I can say from experience with this machine that it is awesome for the price. I bought one for my daughter who is just beginning to sew this summer. I fell in love with it myself. You might want to check it out for your daughter. It was easy to set up and use right out of the box. The instruction manual with it was right on.

There will be some terrific sales on machines on Black Friday! Check out the JoAnn ad. Buy as much machine as you can afford, Don't buy the cheapy ones. You do get what you pay for!

Banned
    I use a $100.00 Singer from WM and its worked great for 10 years.

Marsha, a $100 machine from Walmart, 10 years ago was still a good machine. The ones they sell for $100 now is not so nice.....

I started out with a Brother I bought at Costco for $199. Loved that little machine. Great starter machine for the money.

Blog Entries
    I would even check out some used machines from a dealer. I know, used things for a gift...but she can get a much nicer machine for the money, with a few additional options :wink:

I started out on a Brother. It wasn't expensive and I still sew on it now and then. My son just got a new machine and is giving his Janome (the same one recomned by Ifw045 earlier) to my DGD. She wants a bigger machine. I guess the Sew Mini has been outgrown. He has done well with his Janome too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast