Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: shoe brand, does anyone have these?

Blog Entries
    Merrill, Clarks and Dansko are among the best brands for shoes. All are well-made with good arch and foot support. I got used to spending about $100 per pair of shoes a decade ago. For me, it's the difference between feeling fine and having feet that hurt. One good thing about these shoes is that they can last a LONG time! My inside Dansko shoes lasted a good five years before I had to replace them. Same thing with my Birkenstock outdoor sandals.

I, too, got a pair of Merrills when I had plantar faceitis (? Sp) and I like them. They are a "moc" style I guess you could say. I also like the LL bean mocs which I got next and they are less expensive plus they have free shipping and free return shipping ifnthey don't fit.. I love my Berkenstocks, too, but they are sandals. If you know the style number you tried on, try Googling it to find a good price. LL Bean often has footwear on sale and I only get the mocs there when it is a sale (I am cheap I guess) but it is hard for me to justify paying $100 for a pair of shoes.

Merrills are great shoes. I have a couple pair and Mr. Stitchripper has some too. We like them.
    Alyce

They are great shoes. Have worn them for several years. Clark's and Bjorn are also good.

Merrell is a very good shoe but my absolute most comfortable shoes are either Keens or Birkenstocks..they saved my life. I am really impressed with Keens especially..
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Quote Originally Posted by Monika View Post
    I love Merrill and SAS. I have real problems with shoes. I just gave up trying to buy inexpensive shoes, but now I don't need them very often. I have bad knees so I really need support and comfort.
    Same here. I have had the same pair of Merrill hiking boots for years and last year bought a pair of low-cut sneaker type for more leisurely walks in the woods. I love my SAS shoes for work. Both brands are comfortable from the first day you buy them and last for years. Kind of pricey but they do last.

I have a pair of Merrell shoes, sandals and a pair of boots. Great arch support ( I have high arch and narrow heel) and I just love them.

Love Merrill and SAS. They are more expensive to purchase initially, but save money in the long run since they last so long. I can't wear all the styles of either brand, have to try them on and some are not as comfortable.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OCquilter View Post
    They have been around forever. They are wonderful. I discovered them when I had plantar fasciitis. Worth the money if you have foot problems plus they are very durable and seem to last for years.
    My opinion also. I have 2 or 3 pair.

Merrell's are a good brand if you have foot problems. I have 3 pair I think. My summer sandals are another brand - I think Ecco? Those are very good too for support. Expensive to have to buy any of them, but they prevent pain, so better in the long run.

I see all these young people wearing flip flops and wonder what kind of issues they will have in 5-20 years.
    Carol in Michigan

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast