Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: shoe brand, does anyone have these?

Blog Entries
    i buy my shoes at the walking company. i've always had multiple problems and lots of cheap shoes. no more! now it's good shoes only!what a huge difference it makes!!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Merrell's are very high quality shoe and have been around forever. They last forever too. You can have the inside sole replaced when it wears down too so you don't have to buy another pair of shoes.

We did not have a lot of the "extras" growing up, BUT, my dad and mom understood the value of good shoes. We grew up wearing Stride Rites. (About 60$ for kids shoes in todays' world!) We were never allowed to shop the cheap brands at the mall shops. Good quality Leather shoes ruled. To this day, I live the "good shoe" legacy that my parents instilled in us. No feet issues...ever! Expensive, yes...but so is surgery and the discomfort. I don't blink at the price of a good quality shoe like Merrill, Born, Dansko, etc. Skip a few meals eaten out if one has to. Your feet are too important!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dordee View Post
    They are great shoes, but I foun d some called alegria-they were made for nurses, my new favorites
    I love Alegria too! I have 3 pair....so far!

Sign up for their emails. They send out the sale info every week. Summer sandals go on sale in late June. Still plenty of time to wear them. Fun styles! I want a pair of the Moroccan Tiles. They look like quilt blocks!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Banned
    I just bought sneakers to exercise in for $12.87 at Walmart! lol I had bought Nikes for $95 but my daughter stole them for gym class. I have come to realize that I can wear anything really as long as it's wide. Of course, I could understand those that pay extra because of a footie flaw.

Blog Entries
    I have a couple of pairs of Merrells and they are great. Yes they are pricey, but when it comes to shoes I think you get what you pay for. The are very supportive, even my pediatrist recommends them and I have had a toe joint replaced, now he is treating me for a heal spur and nerve damage. I had to wear jump boots with my uniform for 30 years and since my retirement my switch to just other shoes has cursed my feet. Go try some on, I think you will find that they are great, but remember, no two people have the same feet so you may need to try on more than one style to get the support to fit where you need it. Keen makes good shoes and my latest loves are my Ahnus, both are again pricey, but they last and last and they keep good support as they age.

Blog Entries
    I love my Merrell's. I have plantar faciatis and they are my favorite shoes. Yes they are expensive but so comfortable. I have had several pairs for year. I shop the clearance racks for them. But I have also paid full price. I accidently ran a pair af sandals thru the washing machine and wore them for several years afterwards.

Merrill's are wonderful! I got my first pair in Pittsburgh, PA to wear during snow! We don't have much of that in Central Texas, so I wasn't prepared when visiting our daughter years ago. I, too, have flat feet so I need all the support I can find! I highly recommend them. Be sure you get a pair you really, really like - they never wear out!

Power Poster
    They are great shoes...I wore them when I was nursing...They helped my feet during those long twelve hour shifts...They are pricey but I feel worth it....When your feet hurt...everything hurts...SAS is also another great shoe maker..

You won't be sorry. I have a couple of pairs I bought on sale and I can walk all day with them

i work in a hospital--in the operating room, giving anesthesia. i wear clogs, because my old swedish feet like them best--but a good 75% of the other shoes worn by peers are made by merrill. both men and women find shoes to their liking, that keep their feet happy for long shifts standing and rushing around. merrills seem to last a long time, and one friend bought a pair to wear when she was hiking in alaska with her family. maybe when my feet finally reject the clogs, i'll try a pair--everyone who has them seems to love them!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

That is the only brand of shoes that my husband will wear aside from his work boots. He loves that the Merrell are slip on and says they are extremely comfortable.

Blog Entries
    I have been wearing Chaco's sandals for years now, they adjust to fit your arch perfect. They were made for hikers and to use on slippery surfaces. It's also said you won't "turn" your ankle with these shoes. Available at sporting goods stores and on e bay or key up Chaco.com. When I have been on hiking trails I see lots of people wearing them so you know they must be sturdy.

I heard an ad on the radio for a shoe store about 30 miles away that carries many of the shoe brands mentioned in this thread. I'm heading there this weekend, 20% off all sandals, and see what I can find. You have all given me such great advice, I'm going to have a hard time deciding which shoes to buy!

My sister swears by Merrils....she too works on her feet all day. I tried on a pair at the store and was not impressed enough to part with the cash.

I love my Merrells! they are very well made and so supportive. I also own a lot of Clarks and love them too. They provide support, comfort and style,
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Blog Entries
    I have been wearing Merrells for years. They are like bedroom slipper comfort. They run true to size. Another good brand is RYKA. Women's shoes designed by women manufactured by women. Sure there are a few men involved. Lol ! Check out their website. I cried when I wore my first pair out. I am not affiliated with them. They just fit my feet.

I bought some Merrill clogs, and they seemed wonderfully comfortable but squeak like crazy. Worse than that, I found that after a three hours of Christmas shopping in them I had foot pain that I'd never experienced before, plantar fasciitis. It took weeks to go away. That could be coincidental, because the shoes felt fine while I was walking in them, but I don't know. The squeak was bad enough, and just inexcusable in that price range. I am disappointed in them and won't buy them again. It's just too embarrassing to go around sounding like a one-woman basketball game. Later my DIL told me that she had some that squeaked also. I have had much better luck with Born, some Reeboks (the ones called Princess, if they still make them) and Clark, and oddly a great pair of Speedo flip flops that they don't make any more. Naturalizers usually feel good on my feet, but I quit buying them because they don't seem to hold up well. I have pronated arches, and comfort is my first priority in shoes. Some shoes feel good on my feet but I will get a backache every time I wear them. At least the Merrills did not cause a backache. I'll probably keep them around for walking the dog.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I had just the opposite problem with SAS shoes. I developed plantar fascitis in both heels after I started wearing SAS. I had surgery on one heel and changed to Skechers because SAS's prices were too high and my other heel stopped bothering me. Wish that I had changed brands before the surgery. I spent a ton of money on different things that the insurance wouldn't pay before the surgery, trying to avoid surgery. Now I know why they wouldn't pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    I started wearing SAS shoes - they are like walking on pillows. I was able to wear them all day, where if I bought the normal shoes, I could barely walk after an hour. I have extremely high arches and now have bone spurs on both heals. The heals don't hurt any more and I haven't needed special orthotics. Also i wear the various good sport shoes - no more $20 - $50.00 pairs of shoes for me.
    Have a blessed day.

Linda

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    Merrill and SAS are my go to shoes. I have a difficult foot - narrow - to find shoes for and these two brands always fit. SAS is also made in US which is an added bonus. Don't know about Merrill. Yes they cost more but they wear like iron, are comfortable and I'm worth it. If my feet hurt I'm grumpy all over.

I have a couple of pairs of Merrell walking/hiking shoes plus a pair of sandals. I highly recommend them -- they hold up for years, look nice and are very comfortable and supportive. (We have a Merrell outlet store 15 minutes from here.)
    I walk our dogs at least 1-2 miles every day and the Merrell shoes are well used. I've had the shoes for 4 and 8 years and the sandals for 1 or 2 years. I won't be discarding any of them anytime soon.
    Merrell's have been around for at least 8 years since my first pair was bought back in 2004. No holes, look decent, people still comment that they're attractive, and when I went to the store to ask how long they'll last, the clerk said she didn't think the support really wears out. Well made!

This is my husband's favorite brand. I have had a few pairs and really liked them. They do last so you will get your moneys worth. I wear Danskos - my shoe of choice!

My friend just got a pair of Merrill at TJMaxx. She LOVES them and says they are the most comfortable shoes she's ever worn.

I was going to have to look at some of these, but by chance, tried the insoles that you see at Walmart - the ones that you step onto the machine and it checks the parts of your feet that need support. Bought one set of the insoles and $50 later, I now walk without the huge amount of pain I had in the past. I have plantar fasciitis on the right foot. I never, never walk barefoot now, and those insoles easily go from shoe to shoe. I've been told I shouldn't wear clogs (that's all I've worn for 30 years now) and I don't intend to change if I can avoid it, and with the insoles, its perfect. I can even wear slippers again (with the insoles). You might try that first before investing in the expensive shoes. My husband bought $300 insoles several years ago and now needs new ones --- he tried the Walmart insoles as I did and it didn't work for him....but Walmart took the insoles back. So its worth the risk!

I LOVE my Merrills and find them well worth the $$. The second you put them on it feels like your foot is being caressed by a cloud. I much prefer my merrills over my danskos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast