Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • shoe brand, does anyone have these? >
  • shoe brand, does anyone have these?

• shoe brand, does anyone have these?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM

My son bought a pair of shoes from them that were rather expensive. After about 8 months the stitching ripped. My son is an adult and was just going to throw them away. I called customer service. They were wonderful. They asked me to send the shoes back....for inspection. A week later they sent my son a brand new pair.
    Old 04-14-2013, 05:38 PM

When I was working and on my feet all day,Merrel shoes were the only ones I could wear .
    Old 04-14-2013, 05:51 PM

Love my Merrels I think they do run true to size; I wear a size 8.5 normal width in them and that is my regular size. I have a pair of their sandals as well as light sneakers. I bought both of mine at Marshall's and they were less than $50. I am a bit of a shoe snob but have never paid full price for any of my shoes, from sneakers, sandals to all-leather boots. Good places to shop for name brand shoes are DSW, Marshall's, Ross and Dillard's during their bi-annual sales.
    Old 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM

I love my Merrell's in the fall and winter after I went up half a size. Also, love Birki's and Teva sandals.
    Old 04-14-2013, 06:18 PM

For me they are the best shoes ever. I love how comfortable they are
    I love the jungle moc's Very comfortable
    I wear at work on my feet all day. Some of the sandals, are more comfortable then others some were not as comfortable
    Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

i love my merrells too as I am on my feet all day at work. After buying numerous pairs of shoes that werent cheap or comfortable i went home with achey feet every day. In desperation i tried on the merrells and they were comfortable from the first day and no more achey feet. Definitely worth it in my opinion to be comfortable and would not hesitate to get another pair.
    Hint for anyone buying shoes: if they aren't comfortable in the shop don't buy them as many a time I have bought shoes and thought they will get comfortable and the shoes have ended up in the bin as they were never comfortable.
    Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 PM

I bought my first pair of Merrells about 15 years ago. I have hard to fit feet - wide, with bunions, and these are some of the most comfortable shoes I've found. They're a brand I go back to again and again. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on clothing, but I've learned if my feet ain't happy, ain't no part of me happy, so I gladly spend the $$$ for good shoes. Especially since I stand all day longarm quilting. I also have a few pairs of SAS sandals I love (the shoes not so much), and recently started wearing Dansko as well.

Andi
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 AM

My husband and I are big hikers. Merrill is a big name among hikers and they are worth every penny (as are Lowa's Garmond, Keen, and more). Good hiking shoes aren't cheap, but neither is going to a doctor for foot pain :-)? For every day 'cute' shoes I wear is a brand called Jambu. The most comfortable shoes I have ever had.
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:51 AM

If you live near Carmel, IN, there is a store there that sellsMerrill shoes. I have never been there but have heard they are great. I love SAS, but they are expensive. They are the only shoes made in the USA. Also, they have the same shoes now that I've had for years. I wish they would come out with some new styles that make me look like I have several pairs rather than the same one I've worn for years. I have an extremely wide foot, EEE, and it's hard to find shoes that fit.
    Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 AM

I have been wearing Merrell's for probably five years now. They are hands down the most comfortable shoes I have. They are worth every dime and are the only shoe I can wear all day long. I have had other pricey brands, but Merrill's are the most comfortable for me. Hope they are for you too.