Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: shoe brand, does anyone have these?

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    i love my merrells too as I am on my feet all day at work. After buying numerous pairs of shoes that werent cheap or comfortable i went home with achey feet every day. In desperation i tried on the merrells and they were comfortable from the first day and no more achey feet. Definitely worth it in my opinion to be comfortable and would not hesitate to get another pair.
    Hint for anyone buying shoes: if they aren't comfortable in the shop don't buy them as many a time I have bought shoes and thought they will get comfortable and the shoes have ended up in the bin as they were never comfortable.
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

I bought my first pair of Merrells about 15 years ago. I have hard to fit feet - wide, with bunions, and these are some of the most comfortable shoes I've found. They're a brand I go back to again and again. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on clothing, but I've learned if my feet ain't happy, ain't no part of me happy, so I gladly spend the $$$ for good shoes. Especially since I stand all day longarm quilting. I also have a few pairs of SAS sandals I love (the shoes not so much), and recently started wearing Dansko as well.

Andi

My husband and I are big hikers. Merrill is a big name among hikers and they are worth every penny (as are Lowa's Garmond, Keen, and more). Good hiking shoes aren't cheap, but neither is going to a doctor for foot pain :-)? For every day 'cute' shoes I wear is a brand called Jambu. The most comfortable shoes I have ever had.

If you live near Carmel, IN, there is a store there that sellsMerrill shoes. I have never been there but have heard they are great. I love SAS, but they are expensive. They are the only shoes made in the USA. Also, they have the same shoes now that I've had for years. I wish they would come out with some new styles that make me look like I have several pairs rather than the same one I've worn for years. I have an extremely wide foot, EEE, and it's hard to find shoes that fit.
    Alice the quilter

I have been wearing Merrell's for probably five years now. They are hands down the most comfortable shoes I have. They are worth every dime and are the only shoe I can wear all day long. I have had other pricey brands, but Merrill's are the most comfortable for me. Hope they are for you too.

I love Merrells but have found that some styles run smaller than others.

I only wish to get suitable shoes as cheaply as $80...mine start at $200 and are generally around $400 unless on sale. Not many cheap shoes will take an orthotic with high arched foot and plantar fasciitis. I notice that I can buy the shoes on line for. 78 but by the time we add postage, I'm not sure about much of a saving. Merrell is not a common brand in this country.

Dix
    Blog Entries
    I love Merrill shoes. I have 3 pair, flat brown, flat black and a brown pair with the heel out slip ons. Wear the browns about every day in the winter and fall. Have had them all for 7 or 8 years and the soles are like new. Can't go wrong with these.

They are very comfortable shoes which are very pricey. I've tried some on and they were very comfortable, but I was hesitant to pay the asking price at a discount shoe store.

I have several pairs, well worth the money, especially if you have problem feet like mine. Just talked my husband into trying a pair. He said they are the most comfortable and supportive shoes he has ever had!

I have a pair of Merrell boots(hiking) and love them..i have worn them out and now will be looking to replace. that is one thing I really liked about Merrell, was how it fit my arch...Merrell has been around alot longer than 3 years. I wonder if that is how long the store has handled Merrell..there are two things I will not short myself on, eyeglasses and shoes/boots. My main shoes/boots/sandals are: Merrell, Birkenstocks, Keen and Patagonia. . . You will be pleased.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Will have to check them out. Ready for a new pair. Hopefully, sold in a store near me. I wear Skechers. My problem, I wear til almost nothing left. Bad knees don't help.

Yes, I've had several pair of Merrell sandals. Very comfortable and they wear well. I bought mine on line at a couple of the shoe sites. expensive but worth it.
    CMC

Blog Entries
    They are worth the money. Another great brand is SAS! (also pricey but good on your feet)
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

YES!! I have a pair of sheepskin Merrell clogs that I have been wearing all winter long for the past 4-5 years. They still look almost new, are VERY warm and comfortable. They are expensive, but well worth the price.

Blog Entries
    Yes, heard about them.
    Don't have any, yet.

Have neuropathy in feet and may try them soon.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Shoebuy (www.shoebuy.com) also sells Merrell's (I know somebody already mentioned Zappos). Can't beat the free shipping both ways! I've ordered many different brands of shoes from them. I don't have any Merrell but my co-worker swears by their walking shoes.

I knew I could count on everyone here to help me! I'm ordering my shoes later today! Thanks!

I've heard of them. I personally wear SAS shoes which also cost over a hundred dollars. They are not pretty but I am past wanting pretty I need comfort now.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

No time to read every comment but --last summer at a store to buy slippers to take to hospital for knee surgery.
    Saw a white pair of Merrills --sales clerk said these are nurses shoes but a slipon --I thought it was worth it to buy a
    shoe $90. than shoe and slippers. They have been all I have worn since July. Never saw these before but not new brand apparently. Others have commeented that they like them also but yes, they are more than I ususally paid.
    Oh, was store in Lindsay, Ontario Canada. good luck !!!!

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    there is nothing like them. so soft. you don't even know you're wearing shoes. that's how comfortable they are. well worth the money.

My husband wears them & won't wear anything else. He loves them.
    He has been wearing them for twenty years.
    I also have about six pairs & would not wear anything else.

They are great shoes, but I foun d some called alegria-they were made for nurses, my new favorites

Merrill's are very good. I really like Clark's as well. but my favourite sandals is Walk the walk. They r only sold at the Market in Mesa and Yuma Az or I believe u can order them over the net. I find that I really need a good arch support. If my feet hurt I am not very happy!

I love them. when I was working on cement floors, for years that is all I would wear. They are expensive but are worth it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast