Shopping online at Walmart

Old 02-14-2017, 06:59 PM

Default Shopping online at Walmart

I found the perfect backing for my GS quilt online at Walmart. It is not available in their stores (at least not as far as I can tell). But when I tried to place an order I cannot do so unless I create an account complete with password. I do not want to do that. Has anyone been able to shop online without creating an account? The fabric, BTW, is called the Age of Dinosaurs. Has anyone seen it at your local store? It is a Walmart exclusive fabric apparently.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:06 PM

I do some christmas shopping at Walmart and do not really remember if I made an account or not but have had no issues with it and the ship pretty fast. Could you create the account and then delete it.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 PM

I recently ordered an item online from Walmart and had to set up an account in order to place the order. I received a message telling me when the item was shipped and when it arrived at our nearby store for pickup. All of this was done in a business like manner. I have not received further messages from them since receiving my order. I see no problem with having to set up an account. Doing so lets the company know you are placing an actual order and someone is not just playing around. You must also give your credit card number so that they know the item is paid for. If this is what is making you hesitate I see no problems with it as it is a well known company. There is no way you can order the item and pay for it when you pick it up. You can return the item if you are not satisfied after you receive it but you must make payment when you order.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
I found the perfect backing for my GS quilt online at Walmart. It is not available in their stores (at least not as far as I can tell). But when I tried to place an order I cannot do so unless I create an account complete with password. I do not want to do that. Has anyone been able to shop online without creating an account? The fabric, BTW, is called the Age of Dinosaurs. Has anyone seen it at your local store? It is a Walmart exclusive fabric apparently.
As far as I know, you have to set up an account. But you do not have to store your credit card number if you use a card. There is an option to pay cash, but that's kind of a hassle because you have to go pay for it first before it will even be ordered.

I have never had an issue with ordering from Walmart.com, and returns are so easy as well.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:51 PM

I have ordered from the. I set up an account about 5 years ago. Over $50 before taxes gets it delivered free to you in the mail. Under $50 they ship to store for free. Good deal!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:33 PM

I also shop on-line from time to time from Walmart. I have an account but that is because I use their cash back benefit. You scan in your receipts and if their price is not the lowest then they give you the difference. So far I have a little over $35.00 on account. You can get a gift card for the money. When i wasn't able to find the Warm Tater batting locally I found it at Walmart.com for $4.95 a package. They are shipping it to my local store for no charge.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:56 PM

I'm from UK and have ordered online at Walmart for delivery to store when we arrived in a Florida, we paid by PayPal.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:09 AM

I use the online grocery service Walmart has now. I had to create an account and they keep my credit card number on file. At first I didn't like that, but this is so convenient for us because of our health issues. It is a safe site and I have had no problems with it to date. I had one grocery item that was missing one piece out of eight and they gave me a full refund and were very nice about doing so. I believe they do the best they can for a business and would recommend their online services to anyone. You must make up your own mind and proceed from there.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:56 AM

I too have shopped at Walmart.com with no problems. I don't think you can shop without creating an account. BTW, I did a google search for the fabric Age of Dinosaurs and it does seem to be available only from Walmart. Great looking fabric!
I think you will be fine in setting up an account. I get no emails from them other than when waiting on an order, never had a problem with using a credit card either.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:50 AM

I went to my Walmart and paid for the merchandise I ordered. Had no problem . Service was very good.