Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout Color Catcher

Blog Entries
    I was just watching the news...and Shout color catcher got the A...You can wash all your materials/clothes at once...white and darks. They washed new Whites and darks together...it worked great!! Brillant...It will save me so much time...all clothes are going to be washed together from now on...no more separate cycles for me...

Blog Entries
    I've never used it. I'll be watching the replies you receive.
    It sure would be nice to throw all clothes in together, wouldn't it?

Blog Entries
    Sounds like another excellent reason to put more chemicals in our lives. One of my daughters was asthmatic and allergic to a lot of things, so we lived quite well without a lot of those "necessary" things others used for shortcuts. Got used to plain stuff and loved it. Stopped wondering years ago about if or if not we needed the latest thing.

However, I DO use it for new fabrics, I don't want to pay a lot of money for bright colors and patterns and wind up with a bunch of muddy colors.

This is great news. This will be a real time saver in my household. Thank you for sharing.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I only use them when I wash my quilts for the first couple of times because I don't prewash my fab's. they can be very costly if used in every wash.

I use it with quilts and new fabric but not on every day laundry. They have kept me from ruining a couple of quilts and well worth the money.

I use it for washing new fabrics or quilts. As others say, not is every day laundry. They are not cheap.

I've used them in the laundry and they work great!

Banned
    I use them if I have two short wash loads of colors that shouldn't be washed together. I make one load and use a color catcher. I use them also when I wash hand dyed fabric. I think they are great.

I saw a commercial for these yesterday and thought to myself there's no way I'd take the chance...

But, it sounds like all ya'll think they are a good thing...So, maybe I'll give it a go...Thanks everybody, cause I was wondering about this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast