Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow storms.

Snow storms.

Have been watching the news and wondering what it is like over there, hope you are all safe and keeping warm.

Blog Entries
    Where I am it is cool (for us) but sunny and nice. The northeast I think is really getting it~

Blog Entries
    I'm in Texas and we're under a storm, tornado warning. But no rain yet. I have my fraidy hole ready under a 250lb. desk. If it goes, I'll go with it. LOL

I am near Albany, NY and we only got 9 inches of snow. Everything was closed all day yesterday in preparation of the storm, however by nightfall we only had 1 inch. The rest during the night.

My son, in CT, got 20 inches of snow and the roads still aren't driveable.

A friend of mine lives near Concord, NH and they had 28 inches of snow with an additional 3-5 inches to come.

I guess we made out easy. No power outages and just enough snow to burn off the extra calories sitting around eating during the storm.
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him!
    All in the Family (from a mentally challenged worker)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

35 mi. outside of Boston we got about 24-28in. Noisy night with the wind and snow. Everyone okay. Today it looks like a "winter wonderland"
    raynhamquilter
    I hope you dance!

We think we have about 15 inches here in NH but since we didn't have to go anywhere, we haven't been outside yet. The sun is out now and it's stopped snowing. We never lost the power. It was an old fashioned snowstorm. Thanks for asking!

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All of you stay warm out east. We are find in Iowa, no snow but SD is suppose to get a storm tonight so we might get something early week. We really need the moisture so we can make that corn grow this year and sendit east.
    Learning to Love the Journey.

Blog Entries
    we're expecting our big snow/ice/rain storm tonight. we're on the cusp, so not sure which we are getting.
    Nancy in western NY

We had a beautiful snow... About 15".. The car is still where I left it before, but will dig it out in the a.m... Socrates had a couple of problems with finding places to eliminate without falling deep in the snow.. Also the ice melt stuff has him dancing.. Of course when we get in, an additional problem of getting the snow that stuck to his hair, and caused ice balls.. What a wonderful day...

Blog Entries
    Here is Near philadelphia PA. WE got about 6" and didn't loose the electric. Woopie! Over the years I have learned to be prepared and ready for about two weeks of trouble, which has happened in the past.

Name:  Snow Feb 9 002.JPG
Views: 1472
Size:  170.3 KB

Hope everyone made it through without to much damage or trouble.
    peace
    Last edited by ube quilting; 02-09-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast