Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So what is everyone doing this week before..... >

So what is everyone doing this week before.....

So what is everyone doing this week before.....

Old 11-22-2010, 04:31 AM

Thanksgiving to prep for whatever you do? I always make pumpkin pies and a pecan pie to take to my daughter's. Will do that on Wednesday. Last year I also made homemade dinner rolls. Don't know if I am doing that this year or not; I forgot to ask her. Today I am going to do a marathon shopping trip so I can get back home to the ailing dog. It will be the first time I have left him alone since the surgery. Then I am going to try to work on my youngest DGD's quilt I am attempting to make at the kitchen table.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 AM

I'm finishing the last bits of the carpet aftermath (we had carpet installed in the entire house), working (retail) thru Wed and then back at it at 5 am Friday...Making two dishes (not yet determined!!!!) for Thursday--my day off for the week!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 AM

I am having thanksgiving for about 14. Today is shopping, groceries and misc things. Tomorrow the house gets a good cleaning. wednesday I have to work. My future DIL is bringing dessert but the others mainly contribute only snacks and extra's. My sons are not cooks so they bring crackers, chips, beverages, my daughter is in her final weeks of collage and works retail so she has enough to do. She will be my big help on Thursday. The others are bacholer uncles/brothers who don't cook much. One bought the turkey and dropped it off last week and the others bring pickles. :)
Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 AM

I am cooking for 16 people, possible more and getting the house ready for company. They will each bring something but I still have to bake pies and cook the turkey and potatoes.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:53 AM

After weeks of making stockings for Project Santa then going on retreat for a week, DD and I have been doing some deep cleaning on the house. I'll be finishing that today and tomorrow then cooking on Wed. and Thursday. I make the entire meal, we watch part of the parade, my brother comes over, we eat dinner, visit, divide up the left overs, etc.
Menu:
Turkey, dressing, noodles, mashed potatoes, fried corn, green beans, sweet potato casserole, fruit salad, deviled eggs, peas, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and one chocolate, one lemon meringue pie. That's pretty much it. Oh, and Grandpa Jello.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

I am making some Christmas ornaments, a few gifts, and working tomarrow!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 AM

Today I am making cookies for a cookie exchange tonight at my quilt group. I also hope that I can get the binding cut for 2 quilts and maybe even sneak in a little time to sew. Tomorrow I am going shopping with a friend. Wednesday is prep for Thursday. There will be 11 of us. I also take dinner to some friends who can't get out. I will bake at least 6 pies as the kids all want to take one home. I also make my turkey and stuffing on Wednesday and put them in crock pots. Then I can relax on Thanksgiving. DH will do the cleaning tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 AM

cleaning and getting ready to cook Wednesday, got 2 quilts to sandwich sometime and blocks for a mystery quilt to start on.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

I am quilting until Friday, then I will go for a few hours to my sisters house.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
After weeks of making stockings for Project Santa then going on retreat for a week, DD and I have been doing some deep cleaning on the house. I'll be finishing that today and tomorrow then cooking on Wed. and Thursday. I make the entire meal, we watch part of the parade, my brother comes over, we eat dinner, visit, divide up the left overs, etc.
Menu:
Turkey, dressing, noodles, mashed potatoes, fried corn, green beans, sweet potato casserole, fruit salad, deviled eggs, peas, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and one chocolate, one lemon meringue pie. That's pretty much it. Oh, and Grandpa Jello.
What is "Grandpa Jello"?