Springtime in Montana!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 06:47 AM

Snow on the 4th of July?!?! :shock: NO WAY!!! NOT ME!!! My Hubby would find himself hunting for me!!! Tricia, come visit anytime you'd like to!!! We'll quilt, be warm, hang by the pool, be warm, drink iced tea, be warm... :lol: Come on down!!

Tim, seriously, if I planted an herb garden some dippy-doo teenager, whom shall remain nameless- but lives down the street when not in the local de-tox, would climb my fence thinking he'd found something to smoke... (I really had to run him out of my 'maters about 2 years ago!! What a Maroon!!!) :lol: Anyway, herbs are readily available on the spice rack at the grocery store, so there is no need for me to grow them. Besides, I don't cook much, & when I do salt & pepper usually fit the bill just fine. :mrgreen: (& you don't gots to cook no 'maters!! No, I don't eat fried green tomatoes... of course, anyone who does is welcome to come pick them & take them home for cooking) :D
Old 05-22-2007, 07:18 AM

Carla, Thanks for the invite. I would love it. I am definitely a warm weather person and would love to be living by the pool!!! Or on a beach somewhere. Living in the mountains of Montana, you can get snow 12 months of the year. But when it is warm, it is beautiful here.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by triciasquilts
Carla, Thanks for the invite. I would love it. I am definitely a warm weather person and would love to be living by the pool!!! Or on a beach somewhere. Living in the mountains of Montana, you can get snow 12 months of the year. But when it is warm, it is beautiful here.
Montana... 2 seasons... 10 months of winter, 2 months of tourists.

tim in san jose
Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM

I remember it as This snow season and next snow season... :D
Old 05-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by SandraJennings
I remember it as This snow season and next snow season... :D
Ah yes, 4 seasons.. Early winter, mid winter, late winter, next winter.

Poor tricia.

tim in san jose
Old 05-22-2007, 11:15 AM

Well, it finally stopped snowing about 15 min. ago, now the wind has picked up and really making it miserable.

Tim, those are the 4 seasons I'm used too!!! I always say there are just 2, winter and not so cold!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM

It is funny how one can have a season known as snow ,which is not to be confused with the regular winter pastime or Montana's other favorite four letter season....wind. Hang in there Tricia
Old 05-23-2007, 05:40 AM

Tricia,

I showed your pics to my B-I-L last night when they stopped by. He couldn't believe those were taken just the other morning- I had to point out the date stamp on them (He is legally blind). He said just looking at them made him cold all over!!

So, by my calculations, by the time you get packed, load up all necessary quilting supplies, drive the 1,300ish miles, and stop at a couple of quilt shops along the way you should arrive just in time for a warm holiday weekend. :D

Hang in there... if you can. I now see, seriously, how quilting became so prevalent in the North. I had NO IDEA the winters are so long & brutal!! :shock: Plus, what a great way to pass the time!! You can always tell your DH we have hunting in the South as well... :D
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  
Old 05-23-2007, 05:50 AM

According to the newspaper this morn, we rec'd about 21" in some areas over the last couple of days. The big concern is all the trees getting weighed down with the heavy snow.Even though we need the moisture, I could of handled rain a little easier.

I am packing, but I'm going camping this weekend. Its supposed to be alot nicer. Keep your fingers crossed for me. (Cause I got a tent!!)

And my DH says there is no hunting anywhere else like there is in the mountains around this area. I don't eat the stuff anyway, so I say there is no reason to do it at all!! He doesn't fall for that one either!

Well, I'll just keep quilting away and getting ready for our farmers market to vend my stuff in couple of weeks!
Attached Thumbnails 3-.jpg   3-aa.jpg   3-b.jpg   3-c.jpg   3-e.jpg  

3f.jpg   3-g.jpg  
Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 AM

21 INCHES OF SNOW?!?! IN JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS?!?! :shock:

About 15 years ago we got 14" in 1 day. (You notice I remember when it was... because it NEVER happens) Memphis (and the surrounding area) was pretty much totally shut down for almost 3 weeks. I was a Junior in HS; we had to go to school 6 days a week to make some of that time up & still didn't let out for summer break until the middle of June. Back in January of this year the weather man said "Chance of snow" one evening & they shut the schools down for 2 days just in case (because of the school busses going out to so many rural areas of the county). Well, there was no snow, & today would have been the kids last day if not for it... now they have to go until Tuesday. :roll: We can't handle the snow or the possibility of it... obviously.

Tent camping in the snow?? I'm not even going there... Stay warm!! & have fun!!
Attached Thumbnails 3-.jpg   3-aa.jpg   3-b.jpg   3-c.jpg   3-e.jpg  

3f.jpg   3-g.jpg