Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Springtime Quilt Top Batting is sandwhiched

Blog Entries
    The batting is now between the front and back of the quilt. I had to iron the thing on the floor with a few towels under the quilt to protect my flooring. Now I get to enjoy sticking about 100 or so pins in it to keep it flat. yay me...LOL:)

Putting the batting inbetween the layers
    Name:  Attachment-12577.jpe
Views: 65
Size:  57.2 KB

Batting is between and its ironed
    Name:  Attachment-12638.jpe
Views: 66
Size:  56.8 KB

Blog Entries
    My knees are sore from crawling around on the floor over top of the quilt to get it ironed. Now I wish I had about 8 arms and hands to do all the pinning.

Blog Entries
    I didn't realize how huge it is! It's looking pretty! I can't wait to see it pinned then quilted!

It is really nice Henry... It is going to be beautiful when it is quilted..

Have fun, your floor is bigger than mine........doing them out side on grass is worse.... Thats a beautiful quilt. :D :D

So sorry Henry, but as you know,"you play, you pay". :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your quilt is really quilt beautiful. You have certainly " come a long way baby". Great job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Pam W. Hey Cathy, something esle we need to snag from Henry. I can even make healthy snacks too, since Henry is being a good boy. Lets get this plan going. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Blog Entries
    Henry, that is a great looking quilt. I know what you mean..you are now at my LEAST favorite part. The last quilt I pin basted, I had to unpin about 2000 pins because I didn't check to make sure the backing wasn't sliding out from behind the top-- AS I WAS PINNING! Lesson learned...and passed along to you..Good luck!

Good job, Henry. Really pretty!

Hey PamW- I soooo think we are going to need a huge truck to fit this quilt in- its a big un'. It is so great that Henry is getting quilts done for us to pick up. Less work for us :):)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    I didn't realize how huge it is! It's looking pretty! I can't wait to see it pinned then quilted!
    Yep I finally made a Big one!

On a side note the pinning wasn't so horrible but it certainly took a while.

My machine is so small...I am going to have to try my hand at hand quilting this one. Wish me luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamonds
    It is really nice Henry... It is going to be beautiful when it is quilted..
    Thanks Dawn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    Have fun, your floor is bigger than mine........doing them out side on grass is worse.... Thats a beautiful quilt. :D :D
    Yes and I am soooo glad the floor is big enough to lay this on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by signitwright
    So sorry Henry, but as you know,"you play, you pay". :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your quilt is really quilt beautiful. You have certainly " come a long way baby". Great job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Pam W. Hey Cathy, something esle we need to snag from Henry. I can even make healthy snacks too, since Henry is being a good boy. Lets get this plan going. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Thanks Pam.....BUT you really can't take this one. This one is going to be a gift to my oldest sister. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Henry, that is a great looking quilt. I know what you mean..you are now at my LEAST favorite part. The last quilt I pin basted, I had to unpin about 2000 pins because I didn't check to make sure the backing wasn't sliding out from behind the top-- AS I WAS PINNING! Lesson learned...and passed along to you..Good luck!
    Thanks Sandpat:):):):):):)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Good job, Henry. Really pretty!
    Thanks Terri :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Hey PamW- I soooo think we are going to need a huge truck to fit this quilt in- its a big un'. It is so great that Henry is getting quilts done for us to pick up. Less work for us :):)
    Hope you are doing well Cathy :)

Blog Entries
    Here is what the edge of the quilt looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Henry, I can ssoooo be your older sister. I am sure I am older than your older sister, so I win. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: See Cathy, I got us covered on this one. Darn, but we are good at this. :!: :!: :!: :!: Pam W.

Blog Entries
    LOL:):):)

Ooooh, it looks absolutely gorgeous Henry! hmmm, silly you, you know i know everything, and know all the answers to how to do anything the easy way, if only you had asked me.....hmmm.....lol lol. Henry, why are you ironing your fabric on the floor???? lol lol I'm sorry, yes, i am laughing at you! Iron the fabric on your ironing board. Then, lay your bottom fabric down on the floor, get on your hands and knees, and just hand smooth it, then, take some masking tape, and tape each corner down, just slightly taught, not too tight, just a bit. Then lay down your batting, and smooth smooth smooth again, yes on hands and knees, with your hands, no iron!! lol lol Why are you ironing the batting? Then lay down your quilt top, and again, start in the centre, and smooth smooth smooth with your hands. Then get out your safety pins and start pinning. Actually, i want to get one of those tacking guns that izy uses lol. Anyways, hmmm.....oh yeah, why were you ironing your batting??? :)

Blog Entries
    I was ironing the batting as well because it is 100% cotton and it was all wrinkly too. So it was all smooth when I got done. :):)

I worked on it some more last night. I am really liking how it is coming along. I think by far this will be the biggest one I have made and I think the prettiest. :):):):):):)

Pam- you are correct... we so have Burglary in our futures.... I'm so thinking it is just simply shopping in the dark. Of course, we will perfect our technique at Henry's place. We may have to hit his place more than once to get it right :):):) And then I think we need to go to Guam and visit Terri ( we won't steal her stuff, its mean to steal from someone on an island) but I do think we need to hang out on her patio and pool and drink copious amounts of etoh so that we can't remember robbing Henry in case we have to take a polygraph test. Barb M from Canada needs to meet us at Terri's also. Then maybe we can all go to Spain. Henry could meet us there and practice his flamenco moves. :):):)

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    My knees are sore from crawling around on the floor over top of the quilt to get it ironed. Now I wish I had about 8 arms and hands to do all the pinning.
    Henry - Check out the 'microtack' from Dennyson...I use it all the time, its quick, tiny and you can even stitch over them, no problems with holes left in the fabric, the tacks come in different lengths, its great to use!! and I wouldn't be without it now!! :D

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Pam- you are correct... we so have Burglary in our futures.... I'm so thinking it is just simply shopping in the dark. Of course, we will perfect our technique at Henry's place. We may have to hit his place more than once to get it right :):):) And then I think we need to go to Guam and visit Terri ( we won't steal her stuff, its mean to steal from someone on an island) but I do think we need to hang out on her patio and pool and drink copious amounts of etoh so that we can't remember robbing Henry in case we have to take a polygraph test. Barb M from Canada needs to meet us at Terri's also. Then maybe we can all go to Spain. Henry could meet us there and practice his flamenco moves. :):):)
    If we get some tinto de verano, sangria, or some of that local wine that Elle was talking about down Henry first Cathy, he will really get into the'rhythm' lol!! :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I would love to learn to Flamenco....LOL:)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast