Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Springtime Quilt Top Batting is sandwhiched >

Springtime Quilt Top Batting is sandwhiched

Springtime Quilt Top Batting is sandwhiched

Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 AM

I was ironing the batting as well because it is 100% cotton and it was all wrinkly too. So it was all smooth when I got done. :):)

I worked on it some more last night. I am really liking how it is coming along. I think by far this will be the biggest one I have made and I think the prettiest. :):):):):):)
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 AM

Pam- you are correct... we so have Burglary in our futures.... I'm so thinking it is just simply shopping in the dark. Of course, we will perfect our technique at Henry's place. We may have to hit his place more than once to get it right :):):) And then I think we need to go to Guam and visit Terri ( we won't steal her stuff, its mean to steal from someone on an island) but I do think we need to hang out on her patio and pool and drink copious amounts of etoh so that we can't remember robbing Henry in case we have to take a polygraph test. Barb M from Canada needs to meet us at Terri's also. Then maybe we can all go to Spain. Henry could meet us there and practice his flamenco moves. :):):)
Old 06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
My knees are sore from crawling around on the floor over top of the quilt to get it ironed. Now I wish I had about 8 arms and hands to do all the pinning.
Henry - Check out the 'microtack' from Dennyson...I use it all the time, its quick, tiny and you can even stitch over them, no problems with holes left in the fabric, the tacks come in different lengths, its great to use!! and I wouldn't be without it now!! :D
Old 06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Pam- you are correct... we so have Burglary in our futures.... I'm so thinking it is just simply shopping in the dark. Of course, we will perfect our technique at Henry's place. We may have to hit his place more than once to get it right :):):) And then I think we need to go to Guam and visit Terri ( we won't steal her stuff, its mean to steal from someone on an island) but I do think we need to hang out on her patio and pool and drink copious amounts of etoh so that we can't remember robbing Henry in case we have to take a polygraph test. Barb M from Canada needs to meet us at Terri's also. Then maybe we can all go to Spain. Henry could meet us there and practice his flamenco moves. :):):)
If we get some tinto de verano, sangria, or some of that local wine that Elle was talking about down Henry first Cathy, he will really get into the'rhythm' lol!! :lol: :lol:

Old 06-17-2008, 03:58 PM

I would love to learn to Flamenco....LOL:)
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
My knees are sore from crawling around on the floor over top of the quilt to get it ironed. Now I wish I had about 8 arms and hands to do all the pinning.
Henry - Check out the 'microtack' from Dennyson...I use it all the time, its quick, tiny and you can even stitch over them, no problems with holes left in the fabric, the tacks come in different lengths, its great to use!! and I wouldn't be without it now!! :D
I will give it a try. :)
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM

I was ironing the batting as well because it is 100% cotton and it was all wrinkly too. So it was all smooth when I got done. :):)

I worked on it some more last night. I am really liking how it is coming along. I think by far this will be the biggest one I have made and I think the prettiest. :):):):):):)
Ooooh, cotton batting! I've never used that, i thought your were trying to iron poly, silly me lol, Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous Henry, can't wait to see it finished...hey how was your father's day, i bet your dad loved his fishing quilt :) :) :)
Old 06-17-2008, 07:29 PM

He did Barb :)
Old 06-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Now you can see why sandwiching a quilt is my least fav part. And why I take them to a long arm gal who bastes them for 20 bucks plus thread. Best money I ever spend!
I see why now
Old 06-18-2008, 02:38 AM

Oh what a nice quilt and good luck with the hand quilting. I know your sister will be thrilled when she gets it.