Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar ants vs cats for their food....

Blog Entries
    Any suggestions for a cat friendly ant killer? Its been raining for over a week now and the ants are finding it quite nice in my kitchen and enjoy sharing the cats food. Cats are not happy, Mamma is not happy.

I have the same problem, put the cat food dish inside a bowl of water. The water bowl has to be about inch larger than the food bowl, so it floats slightly. Ants don't seem to swim and will just drown, not nice for then but good for you and your cat. Good luck ♥ P.S.love your avatar.
    Hope this works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
    I have the same problem, put the cat food dish inside a bowl of water. The water bowl has to be about inch larger than the food bowl, so it floats slightly. Ants don't seem to swim and will just drown, not nice for then but good for you and your cat. Good luck ♥ P.S.love your avatar.
    Hope this works.
    That's a great idea! We get ants every year and I never thought to do that! I do have ant baits everywhere though because my ants climb up the side of the house and come in every window--even on the 2nd floor! The cats don't bother the ant baits either.

have you tried boric acid Walgreens has tablets most bugs don't like it

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Put baby powder down, the ants won't cross it because they inhale it and die. I battle ants every summer and this is the safest way I have found. The powder won't hurt the cats but you might have white paw prints on the floor and misc. other places.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Put baby powder down, the ants won't cross it because they inhale it and die. I battle ants every summer and this is the safest way I have found. The powder won't hurt the cats but you might have white paw prints on the floor and misc. other places.
    I can just picture little powder paws all over my Brazilian Cherry floors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Have a sister that swears by lemon juice. Dish soap has always worked well for me.

the water works wonders. LOL the only good ant is a dead one once it enters my house.

I had the same problem so I changed their food. No more ants now. It was dry food too.

If the ants are going after cat food, they're not sugar ants. They're grease ants and they're a lot harder to bait. The baits that I've found work best are MaxAttrax ant baits.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast