Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taking DGD to Disney World.

Blog Entries

Taking DGD to Disney World.

DGD age 15 has one free week after school is out, (cheer, ball, swim teams, mom and dad time) so I said why don't we go on a trip, just you and me. I fee like a kid again getting excited about it. I know we will have a blast. No parents! LOLOLOLOL How fun!
    Got fabric?

My neighbor just returned yesterday from a trip to Disney with her grand-son (he's 6). They had a great time.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

What a great idea! My 12 year-old DGD will visit me this summer and I'm only about 3 hours from Disneyland. We could do an overnight at a hotel too. Thanks for the idea!
    Mary

We have been twice, once with first set of GKs that are now 24, 22, and 20 and then last year with younger 5 GKs. The older ones still talking about what a great vacation it was and that was 12 years ago. The younger ones and their parents are ready to go back this year, the grown-ups more than the kids. Have a great time.

mltquilt

She is really a good age for Disney. That is great! Too many take kids who are too young and they spend too much time and everyone gets tired and cranky. Accept the fact that you can not do every thing and enjoy what you can do! Such a great way to spend time with her. Enjoy!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

It would be even better if you could get to Sea World too....specially the Dolphin show. I just love that place.
    Ellen......I'm gonna go play now

http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/19.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/auntie_em22

That is so awesome!! My mom came with me and DH and our two kids ages 9 and ten and we all had so much fun, my mom wants to go back with them, they are now 16 & 17 and they want to go with her just as badly!! It is so cool for grandparents to be able to do this sort of thing!
    Kathy

Last October we took our daughters (30 & 26) to Disney World for a week. We did the full resort stay complete with the meal plan and had a WONDERFUL time. We go to Disneyland all the time since we are only 90 miles away. But had not been to Disney World and have wanted to go since they opened 40 years ago. So what better way to celebrate Tiffany's 30th birthday but to go to Disney World. It was all they advertise and more. Everyone was so nice.

So I hope that you and your DGD have a fantastic time!

Power Poster
    Have a great time, how nice to bond with your DGD.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    DGD age 15 has one free week after school is out, (cheer, ball, swim teams, mom and dad time) so I said why don't we go on a trip, just you and me. I fee like a kid again getting excited about it. I know we will have a blast. No parents! LOLOLOLOL How fun!
    You WILL have a blast... just take plenty of $$$ -- it ain't cheap!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast