Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Today ought to be...

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    ... be nice to a customer-service person today.

Every year I dread the week leading up to Christmas. The nice people who get their packages are quietly happy... but should anything go amiss, all the un-jolly feelings are quick to tumble out.

Case in point: we shipped a package to a customer, who called to say that she didn't get it. USPS shows that the package was delivered. We gave her the usual advice: call your Post Office, check with your neighbors, ask other family members if perhaps they brought the package in and forgot to tell you about it. So she called us a disreputable business etc etc.

Then she contacted us a couple of days later to let us know that the package was indeed there; her husband had brought it in,wrapped it, and had been under their Christmas tree all this time.

And she didn't even give us the tiniest little "I'm sorry" for having been so harsh with us.

So, if your path crosses that of a customer service person today, please try to find something nice to say, to encourage them during this most difficult week of the year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, enjoy the winter solstice and here's hoping that you all have a wonderful New Year! Let's spread some holiday cheer!

Amen to that!!! The world needs to be a little kinder!! (is that a word?)

Happy Holidays!

OMG you are so right!! People are crazy this year!! I've been called racist, verbally abused, we've had to call the cops on customers for threatening to kill our minor employees...i will not be working retail next year. People are just too rude. It totally kills any Christmas spirit.

Blog Entries
    Just a few more days of this holiday madness and our lives can get back to normal.....whatever that is. I'm looking forward to a new year of quilting adventure!:) A Merry Christmas to you and yours.

bj
    I went and bought a gift for a friend yesterday afternoon, late, and the girl in the store thanked ME for being so nice. Said she'd been dealing with grumpy people all day. How sad is that? And she was so sweet!

I always try to be nice to the retailers, regardless of the season. They are doing their jobs and it's not their fault if I am having a bad day - if that is the case I always apologize if I think I've been terse or short with them and explain that I've had a bad day. You guys in the front lines should get hazardous pay or something! Several years ago my mom was at Walmart on Black Friday and told me that someone pushed a woman in a wheelchair almost into a wall because she was in his way - it was then and there that I decided that if I didn't make a gift, it didn't get given. I just refuse to be a part of that madness. And last year when the security guard was trampled to death? COME ON PEOPLE - get a grip!

Blog Entries
    I simply refuse to go to a Maul (Mall). People are rude and dangerous. Pickpockets abound and if you are handicapped, you take your life in your hands. Have a Blessed Christmas and make your gifts Merry.

Isnt it so sad we have to try to stay away from the stores....some people really have become a bunch of grumps!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing your story, a good reminder to all of us to be kinder and gentler and to look to yourself first before blaming those around you!!

I had a man in walmart this morning help me in the fabric dept. He was nervous and things weren't going right. He kept apologizing. I told him that was fine I was not in a hurry. It only takes a second to be nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast