total brain fart!

Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Gosh I don't know where to start! I am going to a quilt retreat the end of March & I decided to use the pastels I had in my stash already. Got them out, ironed them & cut them all up & didn't have enough. DH took me to Paducah to get some more fabric to 'go with it' & couldn't find anything to go with it so I wound up going another route. Bought what I thought would go with it & just do it in pinks. Get home & CUT it up & I didn't like it! So 2 days later I called QID to order 10 yds of the fabric I did like & was going with just pink & white to be done with it. Got the fabric & it's not the same! Ok, I can deal with that.....took new fabric in sewing room...ironed it.....straightened it.....cut it. CUT IT THE WRONG SIZE! A whole yard of it! Thank God I have 9 more yards to try & get this right! I'm about ready to "hang it up" & make something else because I don't feel like I'm meant to make this easy quilt! Now I have a boatload of 6" squares, some 5" squares (the ones cut wrong) & gonna have to find something to do with them! Think I will be working with pastels longer than planned!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 AM

One of those "Blah!" days, huh? You'll get through it.
Sometimes I wonder if the "quilt gods" make us make mistakes to end up with a project that's better in the end.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

LOL!! Sorry I don't mean to laugh but I have done the same thing. I always get mad and then laugh about it later. It does sound like you are not meant to make it. You can always send your now extra sq's to me. LOL!! Jk!