Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tote out of a dogfood bag?

Tote out of a dogfood bag?

Has anyone tried this? As fast as we go through dog food around here (2 40lb bags a month) I'm going to give it a whirl!

http://simplejill.wordpress.com/2009...ood-bag-reuse/
    ~Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoupEsprit
    Imagination Sparks, Creativity Ignites...

There was a thread on here somewhere where a person made a grocery tote bag from a feed sack. Simpler design than the messenger bag but still classy.

Great idea! I think I would make more of a grocery type bag than a messenger tote though. I might try it next time I buy a big bag of cat food (wouldn't you know, I just threw one out.)
    Laura

Paying it forward, one Smile at a time!
    http://twistedvegas.com

Thanks for the information.

Blog Entries
    I saw a thread about this quite awhile ago. What I remember is the person who said she couldn't get the odor of the dogfood out of the bag!

I made several of these. Actually just realized I have another 3-4 dog food bags to cut down in the sewing room! I've done the grocery-style totes. Made shorter handles than the normal style bag as I'm a short person and the regular ones make me feel like I'm dragging the bags on the ground! Easy peasy to make. Alas, we are not onto 'adult' dog food vs puppy chow that the plasticized food bags were made from. Now our bags are all paper. It's a shame as I now go through about 35 lbs of dog food a week (and that's only 2 dogs thank you very much!).

Blog Entries
    I've used this one http://dillydollop.blogspot.com/2010...ocery-bag.html I've done them out of dog, cat, goat, horse, llama, and just about any bag I could find.

Name:  tote.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  88.2 KB

Blog Entries
    I've no interest, but have bags. They would be expensive to mail and I can't find anyone local who wants them. there was a woman on Freecycle, but she never got back to me. Taste of the Wild has such pretty bags. So does Blue Buffalo Wilderness.

I made one from a cat food bag. I cut some of the top and bottom off the bag to make sure the picture of the cat was "front and center," so it's not a huge bag. I made it more or less as a joke for my daughter. And, it took awhile and dryer sheets to get the smell of cat food out of the bag. But maybe her cats will still be able to smell it . . .

Blog Entries
    the dogfood bags, with the waterproof liners, make perfect outdoor plant covers for cold nights when you need to protect plants from frost. The frost doesn't soak through like it would on regular paper so can keep being reused.
    You can cut them to whatever height is appropriate. They fold flat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast