Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is unemployment getting better in your states? >

Is unemployment getting better in your states?

Is unemployment getting better in your states?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM

I was applying for jobs thru Craigslist. Found out that many of the jobs were scams. So sad. :( :(
Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 PM

I Will Keep You Both In My Prayers. Tell him to Hang in there.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:01 PM

It's not getting any better here Wisconsin either. I have a temp job. But it doesn't pay much. Not many hours either.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by hikingquilter
Originally Posted by akrogirl
Until we do something about the outsourcing of manufacturing jobs, I don't see how things can improve. The few jobs that are out there just don't pay enough to support a family in most cases, and all too many keep the hours just under the number required for benefits.

Good luck to all who are looking. I feel very fortunate that, even though I am unemployed, DH still has a good job.
You have a very good point! I buy USA made whenever possible (it gets harder all the time) and locally grown food as well. I know many of you on this board like Walmart, but please watch the documentary "Walmart -The High Cost of Low Price." It will open your eyes.
I copied and pasted Walmart-The High Cost of Low Price and it took me to a site with naked women! And they were not working at walmart!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:16 AM

I have been out of work two years in March, my husband lost his job on his birthday in August, I don't know what we are going to do our savings will run out soon and we have no health insurance our house is paid off we have no major bills but a car payment we will be disconnecting the phone by the end of the week. I did call cable and negotiated a lower rate so we could keep the internet to look for jobs I don't know if you all know that but if you call cable and tell them you will cancel if you don't get a lower rate they will lower your bill, I have done it twice now and got the bill lowered by $20 a month
Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 AM

There are no jobs within a 50-100 mile radius of us. So many people are laid off and factories shut down. I wish it would get better. My dh is an over the road truck driver and praise God, he has work. Not as good as it was 3 years ago, but we scrimp by.