Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Upset and need help :o(

Banned
    I had/have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional that I got from my Aunt years ago. I LOVED it cuz I could save quilt patterns with it (PDF) then I could change the PDF to Jpgs..... I have alot of patterns saved this way for future use. I'm now in tears cuz this program won't work with VISTA on our new computer. NOW WHAT? How do you save your patterns from web pages.?

Adobe can be downloaded free from the site.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Yes, Beverly. Don't worry -- you can download it, just like Marty said.

Beverly -

Sorry your new computer is not cooperating Hope this helps.

Most new Adobe Readers will open older files - Try and down load a newer version and try opening them. That should help with what you have saved..

I assume you are saving parts of web pages. You can save the entire web page but that can be "bulky". Another way to save them is that you can actually use the PrintScreen button on your keyboard. Then you can open MSPaint, click on edit and choose "paste" - what you should get is a copy of your screen. Once you see what you have on your screen, you can do a SaveAs and choose jpeg as the type.

The newer versions of Adobe are rather pricey I still use Adobe Professional 5 :thumbup:

PM me if I can help with more specific directions.

Banned
    Ok I downloaded the free adobe. Now can I save parts of webpages with this too?

Bev, it is sew exasperating when the new computer does not work!
    I am having severe problems with my "new" computer from last summer. This laptop got really slow and then died. Had to have a new hard disk, and in this past month, I have had to reinstall my Vista operating system, and do several recoveries! Just getting everything reinstalled from the last recovery so I can do MY things on it. I am quite annoyed! :lol:

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry Bev!!! I'm not very computer savvy, but I sure am sympathetic with your issue!!! :wink: :( :wink:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Bev, it is sew exasperating when the new computer does not work!
    I am having severe problems with my "new" computer from last summer. This laptop got really slow and then died. Had to have a new hard disk, and in this past month, I have had to reinstall my Vista operating system, and do several recoveries! Just getting everything reinstalled from the last recovery so I can do MY things on it. I am quite annoyed! :lol:
    I'm so used to doing things a certain way and now NOTHING I DO WORKS...... 4 of my prgrams aren't compatible with Vista.....I just wanna cry, I'm so angry :evil:

Yes Vista sucks. Adobe reader will allow you to save the patterns on the web as aAdobe files and open them. What you will not be able to do it edit or change anything. That is the diffrence between Adobe Reader and full version. Full version will allow you to create your own .PDF files and chane those you get from other sources. Sounds like for what you want Adobe reader will work fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    Yes Vista sucks. Adobe reader will allow you to save the patterns on the web as aAdobe files and open them. What you will not be able to do it edit or change anything. That is the diffrence between Adobe Reader and full version. Full version will allow you to create your own .PDF files and chane those you get from other sources. Sounds like for what you want Adobe reader will work fine.
    Its ok if I can just save a web page to PDF. BUT HOW DO I DO IT?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast