Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacuum cleaner advice

We were cleaning house before going on vacation the week before Easter. I think my house is always cleanest right before we leave town because I can't stand coming home to a messy house! LOL. Our vacuum cleaner died just as DH was finishing up the upstairs. So, we're in the market for a vacuum. We've been home a week and NEED to vacuum!!!!! So, just wondering what advice you all might have. We have 2 dogs (one shedder, one non-shedder). We have heard great things about the Dyson model for pets, but I really hate to spring $500-600 for one vacuum cleaner! We've also seen good reviews on LG and it's not quite as pricey. But, if anyone has had great experience with a good machine, I'd like to hear about it before I head to the store.

Thanks!

I have the Hoover Windtunnel and it does a really great job of taking care of the cat hair. Been using it for 4 years. The only problem I have with it is that it will NOT vacuum the floor for me --- it insists I have to USE it!

l love my Dyson, but I do not have pets.

We have a basic Dyson.... ( I think we got it at Walmart for @ $300) and we love it. We have to long hair sheeding cats, and I'm a very long haired shedding blonde ( we have to cut my hair out of the beat bar every 6 months or so).We have had it about 3 years.... ( and hubby is a compulsive vacummer) It's still going like wild!. It even ate one of the cats mini toy mice, kept right on going. ( no mice were hurt... we retrived said toy mouse from the " tunnel" and all was happy. ) I was funny to see the cat sit in front of the vacum and watch his mouse go round and round and round....LOL

Blog Entries
    I have the Dyson pet vac, and the ONLY difference between it and the standard Dyson is the pet hair attachment for doing furniture. Had I known that before I bought it, I would have gotten the standard Dyson...
    It's a hard working machine tho...and I love it!

Blog Entries
    I guess I will always buy an electorlux canister. I have had all kinds of uprights. My first vac was an electolux..and my last one is.

I think if you cannot afford an Electolux, go with a Kenmore canister. Uprights do not do well getting under beds and other things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaw
    I think if you cannot afford an Electolux, go with a Kenmore canister. Uprights do not do well getting under beds and other things.
    you mean people actually vacuum under their beds. ? LOL

My neighbor got the dyson anamial one and the hairs got tangled in the hatch to hold it up when she took it back to where she bought said that is a common happening but easy to clean out. I have an orick right now but have had hover ericka and a kenmore I think they all last about the same.

Blog Entries
    I have a Hoover Windtunnel that is 17 years old and going strong. My Siberian wolfdog kept it busy as does my Border Collie/Lab. Moira has long silky BC hair, but sheds like a Lab. I couldn't have her without that vacuum.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast