Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Users

Verizon Users

Ok everyone not that I really need one but am wanting to get an upgrade on my phone. After about almost a week, nights sitting at the computor reading reviews and looking at prices and such I had about 4 or 5 narrowed down. They had 4 or 5 star reviews. After going to the store today and spending 2 hrs. looking and playing with the phones the guy talked me down to 2 of them. The htc rhyme and the iphone. I would love to have the iphone 4s because of one of the features that you can talk your text. That is really cool. I have the samsung reality now. I don't do awhole lot yet on the net with this one. Have never downloaded any kind of apps. Not that I really new what all that was about until today anyway. Also I don't remember which iphone I was looking at when I found out that it had a motorcycle ringtone. I liked that because my husband has a bike. I really like the 4s phone but don't really need all that gb. So the price for the iphone is pretty good. It has extra insurance that I know I would want to get from applecare or protect care. But as it is am going to upgrading the data. Right now just not sure if I have the money for the extra insurance.
    So those of you who have these phones what do you like about it or what should I know that I may not know about yet. Hopefully I will be able to make my decision after I read your replys.
    Thanks for reading. Sorry so long.

T

Blog Entries
    Gosh, deciding on a cell phone is about as bad as reading an insurance policy!! I don't have an iPhone but most of my family members do and they love them! That's about all the info I can give you!

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    My son has the 4s and I fell heir to his Droid x, which I love. I have "walk in service" which is not available on the iPhone. My X had a problem, they overnighted a new one and it cost me nothing. According to my son, my GPS works better than his, I have voice texting and much more. My data plan is $20.00 per month, that is less than iPhone. If you are not going to spend a lot of time on the net or watching movies on your phone, why iphone

We have 3 Droid Incredilbles from Verizon and we love them. All 3 of us are up for new phones in the next few months and we will each probably go with the Iphone. When I went with my smartphone 1 1/2 years ago, my DH poo-poohed my choice (even though he had one through his work). You know, I wasn't really sure I 'needed' one but I absolutely love it! There are so many things I can do with it. For example, while shopping today, my DD texted and wanted me to Google the apt complex in Ohio where she and her hubby had just put a dep. on an apt (they are moving due to his job relocation). I was able...right there in the mall, to sit down on a bench and see the apts and tell her what I thought of them. Seriously, I say GO FOR IT!!!

Man am I behind the times or what! All I want my phone for is to call friends and family and emergency if needed. I don't want to be tied to a phone and look like so many walking blindly while talking or surfing the net. That's what this computer is for. I have better things to do, like quilting!

I have the Iphone 4 and I love it. It is extremely user friendly. While I don't use the internet on it alot, having access saved me 50% at Hobby Lobby because I was able to go their site and pull the coupon up on my phone. I believe you can do the same at JoAnne's and other stores as well. I have downloaded a free quilting calculator app from Robert Kaufman fabrics which has been very handy for me.

I have a Pantech 9020 that is cool, but I don't use it for anything except phoning and Facebook. I don't care about GPS (I live in a small town, from a big city), playing music (I have a CD player, stereo, radio for that), or for taking a lot of pics. The last pics I took on the phone, other than seeing the dog do something cute, was the accident I was in. If you want a lot on a phone, go for the Droid or IPhone. Like somebody else said, all the apps would take me from doing what I love and that is sitting in front of a sewing machine!

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My DH just got the Iphone4s and so for he likes it but still learning how to use the phone. I really want one too but I'll have to wait till Mothers Day.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Blog Entries
    I only want a phone that rings for talking.
    That is what phone are for.
    J J

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast