Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Vinegar! Any ideas?

if that is helping their cramps then they probably need more salt in their bodies because the cramping is an indication of low salt in the muscles I would use sea salt because it has the natural minerals in it as well

Quote Originally Posted by nanacc View Post
    Not exactly vinegar solution, but my aunt, Mother and hubby drink maybe a quarter cup of dill pickle juice for muscle cramps.

my two cents on the vinegar, I had my gallbladder removed a few years back and after that when I eat any meat I have a hard time digesting it. I have found that if I take a little vinegar with the meat then I don't have any issues. I can drink it out the bottle, eat a pickle or eat anything else that has it in there and it works all the same. It has lots of ways to use it for cleaning as well as refreshing the body but you have to use common sense when doing so. A teaspoon or two isn't any more harmful then eating a pickle or two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    I quit believing ANYTHING Dr. Oz says a LONG time ago....
    I agree. He's become quite the quack.

I've heard there are benefits to drinking apple cider vinegar in water. I do know that if you are getting sick your body will go to the opposite end of the scale (alkaline?) and drinking apple cider vinegar can get it back. It tastes awful though. lol

I don`t drink it, but if you have a child proof med. bottle, put a tablespoon or 2 in it and a cotton ball. I keep 1 in my purse, just in case I end up where there are a lot of mosquitos, (And boy do they like me) I just take the cotton ball out of the bottle and squeeze it nearly dry, then wipe the bite and soon the itch is gone. Mine some times itched for 3 or4 days. The bottle doesn`t leak and kids can`t get into it.

I've used ACV to remove skin tags on my neck. Just dabbed them a few times a day with a cotton ball soaked in ACV and then took a little tiny ACV soaked cotton ball and put it on the skin tag and covered with paper tape. In the morning, the skin tag was black and fell off.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
    I've used ACV to remove skin tags on my neck. Just dabbed them a few times a day with a cotton ball soaked in ACV and then took a little tiny ACV soaked cotton ball and put it on the skin tag and covered with paper tape. In the morning, the skin tag was black and fell off.
    I'll have to remember that. I get those darn things and they bug the heck out of me. Especially the one in my armpit that got snagged by my epilator and I had to cut the rest of it off with nail clippers. That hurt.

I purchased 2 different flavors of balsamic vinegar, cherry and blueberry that were sold to drink. Don't know the brand but bought it locally at our Fairway. You mix one part vinegar to 5 parts water(I use seltzer). It makes an absolutlely delicious drink. No idea if there are health benefits but it's probably healthier than soda.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Just close your eyes, plug your nose, and down it!!! My BIL uses apple cider vinegar for gout....
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Man who argue with wife all day get no piece at night.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    I may give it a try for toenail fungus, thanks.
    Clear iodine from Wal-Mart will clear up for fungus.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast