Visit to the Vet

Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM

Default Visit to the Vet

My Springer Spanial Celeste is due for her annual vaccination and checkup at the vets. It is always an ordeal she yelps even before the injection. I made the appointment and the receptionist asked me the purpose of the visit, I said that I would have to whisper as Celeste was nearby and could hear everything I said. "OK " she said "I will talk in code", I asked to see a female vet as well.

Then in a very loud voice and with a full waiting room listening the receptionist said "Mrs Wilson has booked her Springer Spaniel Celeste in for her annual full facial on Thursday, and she would like a lady vet in case Celeste has to have her "Twinky" examined", she then came back to the phone and asked if Celeste would like her usual massage as well.

Don't you just love people with a sense of the ridiculous.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Love it!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 PM

What a great sense of humor she had!!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM

My poor guy doesn't deal well at the vets, and he shakes, rattles, and rolls.. He ended up staying at the hospital for three days with an asthma attack.. and bronchitis two weeks ago.. I have to find different routes to get there when we have to.. Yyour vets girls have a sense of humor..
Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Omg, that is priceless. I don't have that problem. But thank you, your story sure did tickle my funny bone. Yes, Thank God for sense of humor!! Hugs for Celeste for putting up with us humans.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

I take my Mama cat in my car with me when i go to the drive in Pharmacy so she won't always think bad things happen when in cars. But the other day my neighbor had friends who were leaving and they had packed their car, left the side door and trunk open, and my cat wanted to go get into her car so badly to investigate. I have to drag her into mine!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM

Too funny! Did she take the visit any better?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM

My furbabies are too smart to fall for the old "let's go for a ride" thing....there was a time when they'd behave for just a little while but when they figured out we were heading in the right direction to go see their friend the vet, it was on! And we tried everything...you know, trips to the gas station, the bank, to pick up takeout....but they always seem to know when the car is headed in the "wrong" direction...
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 AM

Our vet suggested taking the family pet for rides other than to the vet.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson View Post
My Springer Spanial Celeste is due for her annual vaccination and checkup at the vets. It is always an ordeal she yelps even before the injection. I made the appointment and the receptionist asked me the purpose of the visit, I said that I would have to whisper as Celeste was nearby and could hear everything I said. "OK " she said "I will talk in code", I asked to see a female vet as well.

Then in a very loud voice and with a full waiting room listening the receptionist said "Mrs Wilson has booked her Springer Spaniel Celeste in for her annual full facial on Thursday, and she would like a lady vet in case Celeste has to have her "Twinky" examined", she then came back to the phone and asked if Celeste would like her usual massage as well.

Don't you just love people with a sense of the ridiculous.
Now, that is one funny story. Tks for sharing. Made my day.