Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wake-up designers.....

Senior Member stitchingmemories's Avatar
    of womens PJ's that is.

Why do the designers of pajamas feel men need pockets in their PJ's but women don't? What woman doesn't have a cell phone that she needs to keep on her during the day? Well this one does. I have a daughter currently deployed and I don't dare miss one of her rare calls. And NONE of my PJ's have pockets and frankly why should I have to open a seem and sew pockets on them when the mens PJ's are made with pockets?

Sorry to vent, but I'm sick with some kind of crud and need warm comfortable clothes and pajamas fit the bill. I just don't feel like sewing on pockets before I wear them.

Maybe someday the PJ designers will hear me (because lets face it, I've been griping about this for years).

Okay, I'm done now. Thanks for listening.

:-)

I hear you, sometimes I wear my pj's all day even if I'm not ill. It would really be handy to have a pocket.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I agree and have a gripe of my own. About those once in a long time expensive purchase of a woman's jacket.
    Price...ON SALE.
    Color good. Check.
    Flattering cut. Check.
    Pattern, if any, in good taste. Check.
    Inside pocket to repel pickpockets. NONE.

Men's good jackets always have these inside pockets for valuables. But women's jackets that cost as much or far more,
    simply do NOT. When I want any in mine, I have to either match the lining for a patch pocket, which I feel is best, or put in a hanging pocket.

When are we going to get some designer who actually ASKS women what they want? Think that'll come in our life times?

When are we going to get some designer who actually ASKS women what they want? Think that'll come in our life times?

sorry to be pessimistic on this, but I don't think so. The last designer who knew how to dress women as women died in 1895... (Charles Frederick Worth)

Senior Member stitchingmemories's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Okay, I agree and have a gripe of my own. About those once in a long time expensive purchase of a woman's jacket.
    Price...ON SALE.
    Color good. Check.
    Flattering cut. Check.
    Pattern, if any, in good taste. Check.
    Inside pocket to repel pickpockets. NONE.

Men's good jackets always have these inside pockets for valuables. But women's jackets that cost as much or far more,
    simply do NOT. When I want any in mine, I have to either match the lining for a patch pocket, which I feel is best, or put in a hanging pocket.

I hear you! I actually found one last year (by accident because it was over a month before I knew it was there). It's Saint Johns Bay (JC Pennys). The inside pocket is so deep my cell phone stays in place where with the outer pockets the cell phone kept falling out.

I don't think they ever ask people what their needs are and work from that, but just design based on style. It's crazy.

Blog Entries
    I buy men's pajama bottoms and wear a t-shirt with them - they are the same price as women's but they have the pockets and they are usually better made! Totally annoying!

Blog Entries
    I hear you! I actually found one last year (by accident because it was over a month before I knew it was there). It's Saint Johns Bay (JC Pennys). The inside pocket is so deep my cell phone stays in place where with the outer pockets the cell phone kept falling out.
    ---------------------------------
    Thanks, I'll check at Penny's. Rarely go there, it isn't near Joann's and doesn't sell fabric.

i can handle not having pockets in my pj but got to have them in my robes

I don't know why they don't make ALL clothes with pockets...we all need to carry kleenex in a pocket...handy for cell phones...I like to keep dog treats handy for my furbaby...I am always frustrated to find something to wear that I like...only to find that there are no pockets.

So true!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast