Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Straight Talk Phone - Any Good?

Blog Entries

Walmart Straight Talk Phone - Any Good?

I am so darn tired of my insane cell phone bill and soooo tempted by the television ads for the Straight Talk service -- but wondering is it too good to be true? Does anyone have any advice on their service and their smart phones?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Same here. I went with the Walmart/Tmoblie Family Mobile. No contract. In and out in about 10 minutes. Unlimited eveything for $45 a month/each additional phone $35 a month. I had picked out the phone I wanted for $179 that is under this plan and the sales associate showed me the Tmobile Prism on the wall that was basically the same phone for $129. You can get any Tmobile phone with this plan. I like the fact that my bill is a set amount every month and have not had any problems with the phone or plan. With no contract, give it a try. You have, I believe, 15 days to return the phone which is enough time to decide if you like the plan. I think you will. Unlimited everything with a guarentee that your bill will never go up-win/win. Do a google search on the plan and what ever phone you like for reviews.
    Never outsmart your common sense.

Karen

Sounds like a great plan.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Straight Talk is fine *when it works*. But you're out of luck if you have a problem with the phone. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. We had 3 phones and trouble with all of them (their phones are not cheap, either). One of the phones was down for 3 months before we got replacement for it.
    I'd recommend skipping Straight Talk. We have T-Mobile pre-paid now and it is much more satisfying! We live in the sticks, so we only have Verizon and ATT signal, and T-Mobile will run off ATT now, so it is perfect.
    Go on Craigslist and search "straight talk" and see how many phones are for sale!
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Blog Entries
    Does anyone ever try to stream Pandora on it? I'd love to listen to music while I walk but heard that the "unlimited" data isn't really so unlimited.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

My son and his wife had good results with Straight Talk, but I don't think they've ever had to deal with customer service. My daughter did not do so well with Straight Talk. Her phone worked about 2 weeks, she sent it back for a replacement and the box came back empty. She never did get her money back. After about 6 mo. of bugging them, she gave up. Their customer service is terrible!!!!!
    Thimble and Thread

Hi Krystyna -- I, like you, was so tired on my Verizon phone bill. Decided to try Straight Talk, and have never looked back. I get unlimited talk - text - data for $45/month. I haven't had a bit of trouble.

Blog Entries
    I've had Straight Talk for approx. 2 years - no problems. I have the $30 plan which includes the web but I seldom use it B/C I have my computer. I love it for texting although I don't do a lot - it sure comes in handy when you just need to tell someone something short & sweet. I bought a Samsung for $99 with slip out keyboard.
    TwandasMom

I decided when I retired not to be chained to my cell anymore. I have an ATT prepaid for one year at $100 per year. I always have money left over. I do not text or use my cell for anything but to keep my DH happy when I am out alone. Don't know what her thinks is going to happen but he insists I carry it with me. I keep it in the car.

Blog Entries
    DH and I have both changed from Verizon to Straight Talk and have been on the $30 plan for about a year. He did decide to change his phone, i forget why, but they were helpful and it was done very quickly. When my son was in town and there were lots of family get-togethers I used up my $30 in less than 30 days - no problems just added another $30 to the works - it changes the day you have to refill - no problems with the signals. The phones we bought use Verizon towers. They will tell you which phones use which towers before you buy. We were spending about $250/mo on Verizon and locked in for 2 years - seperate contracts we had before we met. Now we are spending $60/mo and are much happier all round.
    Sally Dolin -The Lazy Quilter
    Gammill Classic+
    Rock Island, IL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast